chapter 1

We sat watching tv for a little longer until Rye decided he was going to bed.

"See you's in the morning." He smiled, standing up from the armchair. We all chorused our goodnights and I watched him step slowly out of the room. I continued to follow him with my eyes until he disappeared into his shared room with Harvey. I turned my head back to the television, but I couldn't focus on the many bright colours.

I took a look around at the other boys. Harvey was already asleep on my bed. I shook my head with a small smile. Mikey and Brook were sat together on Mikey's bed and Jack had moved from the floor onto the armchair.

I looked over at Harvey.

I guess I'll sleep in his bed tonight, seeing as he's stolen mine.

"I'm gonna head to bed. I'm not gonna bother waking up Harv, I'll just sleep in his bed tonight." I announced. The three remaining boys nodded my way and softly said 'goodnight'. I mumbled one back and stood up from the sofa.

I quietly made my way down the corridor, headed to the bathroom to change into some joggers, then walked over to Rye & Harvey's room. I knocked gently on the door. It opened seconds later, with a tired-looking Rye stood behind.

"Hey Andy, what can I do for you?" He whispered, clearly tired. I gave him a small smile.

"Harvey's fallen asleep in my bed, do you think I?..." I rubbed the back of my neck. Rye smiled and moved aside, letting me in. I smiled as a 'thank you' and walked inside.

I turned to look at Rye as he closed the door. I've noticed that he can't sleep if the door's open.

He flopped onto his bed and snuggled under the covers.

"Night Andy." he mumbled into his pillow, curling up into a small ball, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Night, Rye." I whispered.