chapter 11

I'm meeting Carrie today. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I was so excited to learn more about her.

I wore my grey Mario jumper and black skinny jeans. I pulled on my trainers and grabbed my phone and wallet.

"I'm going out to meet Carrie." I beamed. Mikey smirked and nodded.

"Okay, have fun." He said with a small laugh. Before I could reply I heard Brook shout "Not too much fun!" and I picked up a pillow off the sofa and threw it at him, which sent him into a fit of giggles.

"Have fun." Andy said with a weak smile. I nodded at him.

"I will, thanks." I then walked out the front door and made my way to the coffee shop.
•••
When I got there, Carrie was already sitting at a table beside the window, headphones in. I smiled and walked over to her. I sat down opposite her and she looked up from her phone.

"Oh hey Rye." She smiled, pausing her music.

"Hello." I greeted. We both ordered our coffees.

"So Carrie, tell me about yourself." I smiled, taking a sip of my hot beverage.

"Well, I love nature and animals.. I like reading, writing and I have a passion for music, I play piano." She listed.

"Oh really? Well, I also have a passion for music, I'm in a band, actually." I smiled sheepishly. She grinned.

"Oh really? What's the band called?" Carrie asked, lifting her drink to her lips.

"We're called RoadTrip."

"Can't say I've heard of you before." She stated and I shrugged.

"Well we're not like, a massive band, but we're getting there. We post covers on youtube and we just finished our tour, aswell." Carrie nodded.

"What else do you like, besides music?" She asked.

"Erm, I also enjoy reading and being outdoors, I love free-running."
•••
We continued to talk for a good two hours until Carrie announced that she had to go.

"Well it's been lovely hanging out with you Rye." Carrie grinned as we walked out the shop.

"It's been great hanging with you, too." I beamed.

"I best be heading off now." Carrie stated and I nodded.

"Yeah, I should probably be going, too. The boys will be dying to know how it went." I rolled my eyes and she laughed. We said our goodbyes and Carrie turned to walk off.

"I'll text you." I called after her, then cringed. But she turned and smiled.

"I look forward to said text!" She called back and I let out a small chuckle, then headed off home.