chapter 6

I turned and saw the confusion and hurt in his eyes.

"Rye.... I'm sorry.. but I just can't tell you." I whispered. My heart broke as he looked down.

"But why? Do you not trust me? Andy we're brothers. We're supposed to trust each other. We're always gonna be there for each other." I sighed.

"Rye I know that, I'm not stupid. Of course I trust you... I just don't want to speak about it." I replied, trying to shake his wrist off my hand.

"But why? why won't you tell me?" He pestered.

"Because I don't want to!" I shouted. Rye looked surprised but he let go of my wrist. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in.

Brothers.

There's that word again. I always hear that word.

"We're brothers."

"Hey brother, what you doing?"

"They're like my brothers." It's always been the word we use to describe each other. It's just what we are. Well maybe not biologically, but you get the idea.

I class these boys as my brothers. I love them all so much.

My 'nightmare' the other night has scared me half to death. I don't want it to happen, I don't want it to be real. I know it's not, because it's just a dream. But I just can't shake it off. It's always in the back of my mind.

"Andy, you in there?" I heard Mikey knock on the door. I was so lost in thought I never even heard the boys come in.

"Yeah." I replied quietly.

"Can I come in?" I sat silently.

"Please?" I sighed.

"Is it just you?" I asked.

"It's just me."

"Promise?"

"Promise." I reluctantly stood up and unlocked the door, letting Mikey in. He walked in and I closed the door. I leaned against the door and slid down it.

"Are you okay?" Mikey asked, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah... I'm fine." I whispered. We sat in silence for a moment.

"Are you sure?" He said quietly. I didn't answer.