chapter 19

"Ryeeeee please! I want to know!" I begged for the 100th time. But yet again, Rye just shook his head.

"I told you babe, I can't tell you; it's a surprise." He stated and I sighed, but I couldn't hide my smile at the nickname: babe.

"Aw." I pouted. Rye grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together.

"Don't worry, we're almost there." He grinned. I lightly swung our hands back and forth as we walked through the empty streets.
•••
After another ten minutes, Rye dragged me into the bowling alley.

"Bowling?" I questioned as we walked past all the lanes. Rye nodded.

"Is that okay?" He asked and this time it was my turn to nod.

"Yeah of course! I didn't want to do anything fancy." I stated truthfully and Rye beamed. We took off our shoes in exchange for the bowling ones. We were in lane five. Rye once again grabbed my hand and we walked over.

I was up first.

I grabbed a purple ball and made my way over to the lane. I swung my arm back, and then released the ball as I swung forward. The ball rolled quickly, slightly going to the right, and knocked down seven pins.
•••
The night continued with lots of laughs. It was really good fun, although Rye won the bowling. But I didn't mind, I was just happy to spend time with him.

We made our way out of the bowling alley and decided where to go for dinner.

"Hmm, how about... Bella Italia?" Rye suggested and I shook my head.

"I was thinking Nando's?" I replied, looking up at Rye. He nodded.

"Sounds good." So we made our way to the nearest Nando's.

Rye held the door open for me and I bowed, pretending to take off a hat. Rye laughed and shook his head and we walked in.

"Hello, how can I help you?" A short lady with red hair asked.

"Uh hi, table for two, please." Rye asked and the lady nodded, picking up two menus.

"Follow me." She smiled and lead us around the restaurant until we came to a booth seat

"My name is Tracy and I will be your waitress today. If you need anything just call me over. Can I get you two any drinks?" She stated, pulling out a little notepad. I looked over at Rye and he nodded at me, signalling that I should go first.

"I'll have a lemonade, please." Tracy nodded and jotted it down then turned to Rye.

"I'll have the same, please." Tracy repeated her actions and scurried off.

"Thanks for today." I mumbled, looking up from the menu. Rye smiled.

"You're welcome, princess." He smirked and I groaned.

"I told you not to call me that."