chapter 22

I'm worried. Rye always seems so... different, when Carrie's around. It's like he's scared, he's nervous, but I don't know why. He still won't let Carrie know we're dating, which is really annoying. I don't see what his problem is. But I haven't said anything, I don't want to upset him or something. The last thing I want is to lose him. Maybe I should just let him know that I'm concerned. I need to know he's okay.

"Hey babe, can we talk for a minute?" I asked, placing my hand on top of his. Rye nodded and we walked into the corridor, I closed the living room door behind me.

"What's up?" He asked, casually shoving his hands in his pocket. I let out a small sigh.

"Are you okay?" I questioned and he frowned.

"Yeah, why you ask?" I could hear confusion laced in his voice and I sighed once again.

"Whenever Carrie is around you seem... different. Scared, almost." I stated. I could see him tense up at the mention on her name.

"Why are you acting so weird?" I asked softly.

"I'm not acting weird. I don't know what you're on about." Rye mumbled and I gave him a 'seriously' face.

"You literally just tensed up when I mentioned Carrie's name-"

"No I didn't." He interrupted, folding his arms across his chest.

"What's gotten into you?" I asked, annoyed. Why is he denying it? I know he'e acting different. And I know he's lying to me. He's avoiding eye contact. I'm not stupid.

"I'm not stupid Ryan." I sighed, running my hand down my face.

"I never said you were." And I nodded.

"I know. But you're lying to me. You know that you're being weird. I'm not stupid. I just want to know you're okay." I said softly.

"I'm perfectly fine." He grumbled, storming off, purposely shouldering me as he went. I rolled my eyes and followed him back into the living room.

"You two okay?" Mikey asked and the both of us just nodded.

"We're just fantastic." Rye said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. I gave him a small glare. He made a face at me and turned to the TV. I couldn't deny that it hurt. That Rye was lying to me and pushing me away, then being a right -insert bad word- about it. I just huffed and crossed my arms, flopping against the sofa. I watched as Rye texted furiously.

"I'm going out." He announced, jumping up. Before anyone could reply; he made his way out of the flat. All the boys looked towards me and I leaned forward, placing my elbows on my knees and rubbing my face. Brook put an arm around my shoulder as I took a deep breath.

I'm so confused right now.