chapter 2

I jolted up in the middle of the night. My eyes flew open and my heart was racing. I was breathing heavily.

I heard Rye stirring in his sleep.

Please tell me I haven't woken him up. I wasn't that loud, was I?

"Harvey?" He mumbled, sitting up.

"Uh, no it's Andy... remember?" I said quietly. I could just make out his confused expression in the dark.

"Oh yeah. Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Just had.. uh, a bad dream.." I chuckled half-heartedly.

"What happened?" Rye asked, but I shook my head.

"I-it's nothing." I whispered, but tears were gathering in my eyes. I sniffed, fiercely wiping away my tears.

"Fovvs... are you crying?" He asked softly. I lay back down and turned on my side, facing the wall.

"N-no." I replied with a shaky breath. I heard movement and before I knew it, Rye was in bed beside me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I felt my face heat up.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, turning over. He shrugged.

"Keeping the 'bad dreams' away." He replied gently. I felt the tears build up again.

"Care to tell me about your dream?" Rye whispered, looking me in the eyes. I shook my head.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said, barely above a whisper.

"But if you don't tell me, I can't make it all better. And that's all I want to do." I smiled.

"I-I just don't want to talk about it right now. I just want to-to sleep." I replied. Rye nodded. He put his hand on my cheek and wiped away my tear with the pad of his thumb.

"Promise you'll tell me in the morning?" He said, holding out his pinkie. I hesitated but ending curling my pinkie around his.

"Promise." I could just see Rye smile before he closed his eyes.

"Goodnight, my little fovvlar." Rye mumbled.

"Goodnight Rye." I smiled, snuggling into his chest.

My little fovvlar.