chapter 21

Rye and I have been on a few dates recently. We went out for dinner, we've been ice-skating, we went for a walk in the park... I couldn't be happier.

I've also had the chance to become closer with Carrie. We've actually become really close, in the past couple weeks. I see her like a sister now.

Rye has been acting weird when Carrie is around, though. He seems so nervous, guilty almost. And I can't understand why. It's actually starting to worry me.

I've asked him on several occasions if he's okay and he'll reply with a simple 'yeah'. I don't believe him to be honest, but I don't want to push him. With Rye, it's best to just let him come to you when he's ready.

I was making myself some lunch when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I jumped and turned to see Rye's smiling face, which made me smile

"Hello gorgeous." He greeted, pressing a kiss to my lips (dw i died too). I happily kissed him back.

"Hello beautiful." I said once we parted. I continued to make my sandwich while Rye hugged me from behind.

"Do you want a sandwich?" I asked, turning around and pressing my hands to his chest, looking up at him.

"No I'm okay." He stated, shaking his head. I nodded and turned to lick up my plate, Rye dropping his arms. I walked over to the table, Rye following. He sat down next to me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, taking a bite of my sandwich. Rye shook his head.

"I'm just bored. I wanna take you somewhere." He shrugged and I frowned.

"Where is said 'somewhere'?" I asked, facing him. Rye raised a finger to his lips and I let out a loud groan.

"No! no more surprises! Tell meeeee." I begged, but Rye wouldn't comply. I sighed deeply, glaring at Rye as I ate my sandwich, not amused at the smirk on his face
•••
Two or so hours later we were making our way to the 'surprise' date. Which I still wasn't pleased about. I hate it when he doesn't tell me. And he bloody well knows it, so that's probably why he keeps doing it.

Eventually we made it to our destination. It was the carnival. I smiled and squeezed Rye's hand.

"Ready to have some fun?" He beamed and I nodded ecstatically. I dropped his hand and ran in, laughing as Rye tried to chase me down.

We did almost everything. There was a load of rides, so many stalls and games. Rye won me a stuffed bear. Wow author, so original.
~
Sorry Andy.
~
It's okay. (lmaoo i love breaking fourth wall.) I love it anyways. Rye suggested that I name it, but I'm not sure what the name should be.

"Ooh! What about Randy?" Rye suggested with a smirk. I laughed.

"Randy it is." I said, looking at the white bear, a red ribbon around it's neck. Rye grabbed my free hand and intertwined our finger. I looked up at him and smiled and he pressed a chaste kiss to my lips.

"Come on, there's one last thing I want to do." Rye stated. I nodded and allowed him to pull me through the crowds.
•••
Finally we made it; the ferris wheel. It was good timing, too. The sun was just beginning to set when we climbed into our basket.

We sat in a comfortable silence as the wheel moved round. I still held on tightly to Rye's hand as I looked down, watching everything below me slowly turn smaller and smaller.

When our basket finally stopped at the top, I could see everything. It was so much prettier with the sunset.

Rye gave my hand a gentle squeeze and I turned to look at him.

"I love you." He whispered, and I didn't hesitate to attach my lips to his.

"I love you too."