Chapter 28

I sat on Rye's bed. I couldn't stop myself from crying. I pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them.

I couldn't believe this.

Rye cheated on me and Carrie. I wonder if he's told Carrie yet. If he doesn't, then I will. Because Carrie has the right to know.

I picked up my phone and shakily clicked Carrie's contact. It ran for a moment or two then Carrie's face appeared on the screen.

"Hey Andy- oh gosh are you okay? you look like you've been crying!" She exclaimed. He smiled weakly.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine. I just wondered, if you had seen Rye?" I asked and Carrie nodded.

"Yeah, he's here right now! He came in cryi- oh. Have you two had a fight?" She asked. I felt so bad. She was completely oblivious.

"Yeah... something like that. Anyway, I know about you and Rye." I stated and she frowned.

"Oh? Did Rye tell you? I thought we were gonna tell you together." I shrugged.

"Yeah. Well, I just want to tell you... you know what? I'll leave it up to Rye. Can I speak to him please?" I asked and Carrie furrowed her eyebrows but complied and walked through her house, handing the phone to Rye.

"Andy..." He sighed. I bit my lip.

"Are you gonna tell Carrie?" I got straight to the point. Rye sighed.

"I-I don't know-"

"Because if you don't then I will. She has the right to know. You know that." Rye nodded.

"Fine. I'll tell her." I could see the stress building up on his face.

"Well I'm gonna go now. See you later Beaumont." I said then hung up. More tears fell down my face and the bedroom door opened.

"We heard the door slam. Is everything okay?" I heard Mikey ask. I turned to look at him and his face softened. He walked into the room and closed the door behind him. He sat down next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I leaned into his chest and we sat silently, the only noise being my sniffling nose.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Mikey whispered and I sighed. He's my best friend. I think I should tell him.

I sat up and crossed my legs and we both sat facing each other.

"Rye told me he was cheating on me." I said. Honestly I felt like I was already out of tears. I watched Mikey's face pale.

"With who?"

"Carrie. She had no idea. This is all Rye's fault." I rested my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands.

"I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch." I heard Mikey mumble to himself.
"Where is he?"

"Mikey I know that you want to help okay? But, can you leave it to me, him and Carrie to sort out?" I asked and he hesitated, but nodded. I sighed in relief.

My phone suddenly pinged. I looked at it. It was Carrie.

"I'm on my way over." I could tell she was pissed. I'm assuming Rye told her. And if he did, she has every right to be annoyed.

Seconds later the flat door burst open. I heard feet racing down the corridor and Carrie ran into the room and hugged me. Mikey smiled and walked out of the room.

"I can't believe him." Carrie stated, infuriated. We broke off the hug and I nodded.

"He's a liar. Andy I'm so sorry." Carrie apologised and I frowned.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Because your boyfriend cheated on you."

"But he also cheated on you.." We both let out a half-hearted laugh. I just wanted to continue crying, to be honest.

"We got to think positive, okay? I know that'd difficult, giving the circumstances, but we gotta be the bigger person here." Carrie stated. I nodded.

"We'll be okay."