epilogue

(Third Person)
Like Andy said earlier on;

'I noticed all the little things about him.' And he wasn't wrong. He did pick up on a lot of things.

But he also said;
'because I always pick up on the little things.

Well I thought I did.

but there was one thing that I didn't pick up on about Rye.' What was that one thing, you might wonder?

Well you've probably guess it by now.

That Rye is nothing but a 'player', according to Andy.

But we never heard what Rye had to say about it all. Maybe Rye had a reason?

I mean, there's never a good reason to cheat on someone. But maybe if they just tried to understand, maybe they'd realise that, Rye didn't mean to hurt anyone. And the person he'd hurt the most was not Andy nor Carrie, but himself.

Rye just wishes that he could do this all over again. He knows that what he did was beyond stupid, and that there is probably no fixing this.

Sometimes we don't get the happy ending we wanted.

But we find something else that makes us happier.

But to Rye, Andy was his source of happiness. He did like Carrie, a lot, but Andy was his sunshine. He loved Andy, he still does, and he screwed up. Big time.

If only he could count down from five, maybe he'd wake up and find out that this was all a dream. None of this ever happened.

Maybe Andy could be his.