Chapter 24

Okay, I feel bad about blowing up at Rye like that. But he should of told someone; so he brought this upon himself.

I woke up at 8 and the flat was eerily quiet. I frowned and slipped out of bed, making my way to the kitchen to brew a coffee.

As I switched on the kettle I heard feet shuffle into the kitchen. I turned around and saw Rye, his head hanging low.

"You okay babe?" I asked, walking up to him, giving his arm a soothing rub. He sighed softly.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I was just really upset about what you said, a-and I know that's not really an excuse, I know I scared you but I honestly didn't mean to. I'm so sorry." His voice cracked and I could see the tears forming in his eyes. I sighed and pulled him into a hug. He rested his head on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my waist whilst I wrapped mine around his neck, having to stand on my tiptoes.

"It's okay baby. Just please don't ever do it again." I whispered and I felt Rye nod. I let out a sigh if relief and felt Rye hug me tighter.

I'm glad that's over.

I held him close and honestly these are the moment I love the most. Just me and him. Silence. It was just... amazing, to me.

We eventually broke of the hug but Rye stayed with me while I made my coffee. I cupped his head in my hands and pressed a small kiss to the tip of his nose and we made our way into the living room, our fingers laced together.

I sat down on the sofa and Rye lay down, his head in my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair and we watched tv together. But I couldn't focus on it because of the beautiful boy laying on me. I looked down at him and he was staring at the TV but I could tell his eyes were drooping

"Go to sleep babe." I whispered, pressing a kiss to his head. He curled up into a ball and I held in a coo. I continued to run my fingers through his hair as he fell asleep.