chapter 16

"Uh yeah, sure... just give me a sec." I glanced down at him with a smile. He looked up at me and nodded then walked into mine and Harv's room. I haven't spoke to Harvey in a while, now that I think about it. I'll text him later.

I made my way through to the living room, where the other boys were sat.

"Hey guys." I greeted as I walked to the kitchen area. They all mumbled a 'hello', their eyes either on the tv or their phone.

I grabbed a glass and filled it with water. I was dying of thirst.

I was really worried about what Andy was going to say. He could say anything. I don't know what to expect. I finished my glass of water and made my way over to my room. When I opened the door I saw Andy sitting on my bed. I closed the door behind me and sat next to him.

We sat in silence for a while, until Andy spoke up.

"How's things with Carrie?" He asked, his eyes glued to the floor.

"Good, really good." I stated. Andy nodded. We sat in silence once again.

"Rye, there's something I need to tell you." Andy sighed, turning to me. My stomach filled with butterflies.

"Tell away." I smiled softly. Andy gave a weak smile and sat quietly for a minute or two.

"The thing is... I really like you, Rye." Andy mumbled, twiddling with his fingers.

"I really like you too, you are my best friend after all." I gave an awkward laugh but Andy didn't laugh along.

"That's not what I meant." He whispered. I gulped.

"Oh... w-what did you mean?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck. Andy looked me in the eyes.

"Rye... you know exactly what I mean." He murmured. I sighed.

"Yeah.. I do."
•••
Andy's PoV
"Yeah.. I do." Rye mumbled. I blinked in disbelief. He does?

"Wait, you do?" I felt my heart starting to race. He nodded.

"Yeah. And I think I really like you too." He said, looking down at his hands. My heart was going crazy.

"So.. what does this mean for us?" I asked. Rye looked up and smiled.
He got off the bed and kneeled down in front of me.

"Rye what a-" He cut me off.

"Andy Fowler, will you do me the honour of being my boyfriend?"