chapter 18

Me and Rye were cuddled on his bed. We were both lying on our side. Rye had his head buried into my shoulder and his arms wrapped around my waist. I had my hands pressed to his chest. We were just sitting in a comfortable silence.

It's taken us a while to... adjust, I guess. Neither of us have had a boyfriend before. It was difficult, It's been scary, but we're happy. We're still working on us, but that's okay. All that matters is that we're happy.

"Hey, Andy?" Rye said quietly, pulling away. I pouted.

"Yeah?" I replied, looking into his eyes, which gave me butterflies. Rye sat up properly and I frowned, following his action.

"Are you okay?" I asked, grabbing a hold of his hand. Rye nodded with a smile and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I was just wondering if.. you'd like to go on a date with me?" He asked nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. A smile grew on my face and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'd love to go on a date with you." I whispered. We both smiled and I my heart starting racing.

"Where will we be going on said date?" I asked, pulling out of the hug. Rye smirked and tapped the side of his nose.

"That is a surprise." He stated and I pouted. Rye giggled and cupped my face with his hands, pressing a kiss to the tip of my nose. I blushed and looked down at my lap. Rye placed a hand under my chin and lifted my head.

"Hey look at me. I want to see your pretty eyes." Rye whispered and snorted.

"My eyes are not pretty." I said. Rye shook his head.

"Your eyes are stunning." He said with a small smile and my cheeks went red yet again.

"Now shake a tail feather and get a move on, we have a date to go on!" Rye squealed. He stood up and held out his hands. I let out a small laugh and grabbed onto his hands and he pulled me up.
•••
Rye told me to just change into casual clothes, so I did. I put on my pink, grey and white Adidas t-shirt and some black jeans. I did my hair and sprayed some cologne and walked into the living room, waiting for Rye.

"Hey Andy." Mikey greeted with a smile. He was busy on his phone. I smiled back and sat down next to him.

"Ello Michael." I smirked and Mikey sent me a little glare which made me laugh.

I waited for another 5-10 minuets until Rye was finally ready. He was wearing his plain grey sweater and black jeans.

"Ready to go?" He asked, looking at me while stuffing his phone in his back pocket. I nodded and jumped off the sofa.

"Where are you going?" Mikey asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No idea." I sighed. Rye smirked.

"I'm taking him out on a date but he has no idea where we're going." He said, sounding please.

"Oh okay, have fun!" Mikey shouted as me and Rye walked down the corridor.

"Please tell me?!" I begged as Rye opened the door. He shook his head.

"No can do, princess. Now lets go!"

"Don't call me princess."