Chapter 27

My heart stopped.

"What do you me-"

"Andy you know exactly what I mean." Rye whispered. I slid off of Rye and stood up. Rye followed my action and stood in front of me.

"Who with?" I asked with clenched fists. Rye looked at the floor.

"Rye, who with?" I said more sternly. Rye sighed.

"Carrie." He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. He still wouldn't look up. I let out a deep breath.

"How long?" I folded my arms across my chest. Rye stayed silent.

"Rye." I raised an eyebrow. Rye sighed once again.

"A few weeks..." He murmured and I felt my heart drop a little.

"How long is a 'few'?" My voice began to crack. I saw the hesitation in his face.

"Three weeks." He stated, finally looking up. I nodded as tears formed in my eyes.

"So the same amount of time we've been going out." I rubbed my hand down my face.

"I'm so stupid." I muttered. Rye tried to comfort me.

"Don't." I glared and he back off.

"Andy you're not stu-

"Yes I fucking am, Ryan. I fell for it. I fell for it all. You were just playing with my emotions. You never really cared for me. You never really loved me. Your just liar." I stated and Rye hung his head.

"Does Carrie know?" I whispered and Rye shook his head.

"Are you planning on telling her?" I asked and he didn't move.

"So you weren't worried about losing me, but you don't want to lose Carrie, do you?" I asked and Rye sighed.

"Andy no, that's not what I meant-"

"Well what did you mean, Rye? What other meanings are there?" I felt tears rolling down my face.

"You know what? I'm done with this. I'm done with you." Rye looked up with a frown.

"What do you mean?" He questioned. I took a deep breath.

"I'm going to close my eyes... count down from five... and when I open my eyes...
... you'd better be gone." I stated.

"Andy you can't be serious-" I ignored him and closed my eyes.

"5."

"Andy-"

"4."

"Andy please-"

"3." I heard a sigh and feet shuffling.

"2." Silence.

"1." I heard the front door slam shut. I opened my eyes, and collapsed onto his bed, crying.