Chapter 19~

It was a race against time

Yoongi's POV

I walked swiftly past Tae and Jimin, to move nearer to the door in an effort to observe it closer and make sure that it didn't collapse on us.

"Tae you might wanna hurry up with that" I called back over my shoulder, never taking my eyes from the door.

"Working on it" he groaned out, obviously getting tired from holding on for so long as well as trying to kick the door open.

After one last powerful blow across the doors stubborn surface, I finally heard it creak, it broke off its hinges, splintering through the centre as it fell down into the rising water.

I quickly ran back up the corridor to be met with Jimin, relief flooded through my body he immediately jumped on me in a bone-crushing hug. I couldn't hold back my euphoria as I  pull him closer to my body, afraid that if I let him go I would somehow lose him again to the unforgiving water.

"Um guys..."  Tae called with a concerned tone.

We reluctantly pulled away from the hug and looked at Tae who was pointing at the door with a shaky hand. My eyes widened in fear as the sound of fast, gushing water filled my ears threatening to trap us on the ship forever.

"Shit, run!" I shouted snapping out of my trance.

I grabbed Jimin's hand protectively and started to run back along the corridor with Tae following close behind.

As we sprinted along the corridor a little girl walked shakily out of a nearby room, she was dressed in her nightgown and had light brown hair that was pulled neatly into pigtails held up by two red ribbons. She rubbed her large blue eyes and looked up at us with confusion.

"Tae grab her!" I screamed desperately,  without slowing my pace.

 Tae did just that, he skilfully swooped up the small girl as he ran and held onto her tightly.

I tightened my grip on Jimin's hand as panic consumed me,  my stomach turned uncontrollably in anticipation as to whether the door was going to finally burst open and allow the water to consume us all, forcing us to surrender to its merciless forces to be swept away unwillingly to our deaths.

"Yoongi quick, this way" Tae ordered from behind us as he turned right into another corridor so we could avoid the full blow of the waters harsh force when it broke through.

We quickly span around to follow Tae, who was still holding onto the little girl when he heard the door snap. My blood ran cold as the water started to rush through the broken door at a rapid pace, it crashed down the narrow corridors heading straight towards us like a predator approaching its prey ready to deliver its final strike.

Without thinking twice I quickly pushed Jimin towards Taehyun who, at this stage, had fear dripping off his face like the water droplets that ran down his body.

Running through the hallway, Tae leading with the little girl clinging to his white t-shirt which had now become transparent, whilst me and Jimin followed closely on his heels. The ranging water bashed and charged at as like a bull seeing red. My legs started to throb like someone was punching them a thousand times over as my lungs burned and it felt like I had a fire burning in my chest as I pushed myself through the hallway.

Coming to the end of the hallway, them white metal stairs were to the right. Without hesitating, we pulled ourselves up, pulling ourselves out of the water as it came crashing behind us.

But when we reached the top of the stairs we were met with the black cross metal bars that were closed together. I shock them to see if they were just closed but my stomach sank as they were locked and not budging "Locked!" I shouted as rage filled me, we were so close to being safe.

"What we gonna do know?!" Jimin asked, fear clear in his voice as it wavered in uncertainty "I-Its locked and-and we can go back down cause its b-blocked!" He panicked, his hands shaking as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Hold her" Tae said passing the little girl to Jimin, little tears running from her glassy blue eyes and down her red cheeks as she immediately clung around Jimin's neck, seeking warmth and comfort in the crook of his neck. Jimin shushed her whilst softly rubbing her back trying to comfort the obviously shaken and scared girl.

Tae walked passed Jimin down the stairs, the water coming up to his waist as it had now fully flooded the hallway that was once there before. 

"Tae what are you doing?!" Jimin asked moving to the edge of the stairs and looking down at Tae.

"I saw an axe as we ran past" He started "I'm gonna go get it and get us out of here" he spoke seriously.

"You can't!" Jimin protested nearly jumping down there with him if it wasn't for the little girl in his arms.

"Tae that's suicide! You can hold your breath for that long!" Jimin shouted trying to get his point to Tae in his outrageous plan.

"Do you have another plan to get us out of here?" Tae asked looking up at Jimin, a glance of fear flashing over his soft brown eyes before vanishing as quickly as it came.

"There's gotta be another way! You could drown!" Jimin pleaded water pooling in his eyes which he quickly blinked away.

"He's right Tae, that current is too strong," I said, pitching in on the conversation feeling I had kept silent long enough in my absence in the debate.

"I'm a strong swimmer" Tae half-joked smiling up at me which somehow relaxed the tense scene slightly. Who knew that boys smile could do so much "Jimin" he said turning his gaze from me to him "Trust me okay, I can do this" He reason although the expression on Jimin's face showed he still wasn't convinced.

"Tae" Jimin breathed out as if trying to hold himself together for letting loose and letting the tears fall "J-Just come back up...we'll think of another way to get out. This can't be our only solution" Jimin pleaded holding out his hand for Tae to take hold of and to be pulled out of the deathly waters.

Jimin's POV

Tae walked up from the waters, coming so close to me that our noses were almost touching.

"Jimin remember when we were younger and I told you that sometimes all you need is twenty-second of insane courage to make a difference?" he questioned but continued, not waiting for me to reply "What I said 13 years ago is true, its all true and if you don't let me go right now everything youve ever known is over" he spoke, looking into my eyes seriously"I'm sure there are other ways" He started "But right now...we really don't have a choice" He reasoned turning to face the raging water below.

Yoongi's POV

"Wait Tae. What are you doing?" Jimin asked convinced he had talked Tae out of it.

"Trust me Jimin...Please" Was the last thing to pass his lips before he dived forward, disappearing into the water as it consumed him.

"Tae! No!" Jimin screamed leaping forward after Tae, nearly going into the water if I didn't wrap my arms around him, bringing him into my chest.

"No Jimin" I said "Let him do this" I said pulling him closer to me as comfort.

 Tae knew what he was doing...

I hope...

A/N: Hello! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for 1.1k views! 100 views in a week?! Thank you so much for 91 votes, it really means a lot to me! Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes! Until next week! Happy reading! Annyeong!

-Jamlessfan95