Chapter 30~

That day I spent completely by his side. I told Baekhyun and Chanyeol it was alright to leave me here, for now, I would be staying the night anyway. Baek not being completely happy with my request, but after Chanyeol talked to him, he agreed.

Some part of me hoped that if it was just me and Yoongi, he would hopefully wake up. But my hope faded as people left, people who were once on the beds getting up and leaving with their loved ones. Something I can't relate to.

It was now 3 am in the morning, bags probably decorating my face as I hadn't let my eyes close the entire night. Not a piece of food or a drop of water entering my mouth as I sat there, holding his hand in mine as I refused to lose hope.

The doctor said these next few days were critical for Yoongi. If he didn't wake up by the end of the week, his condition would only deteriorate and he would slip into a critical condition that would only result in his death. The news stung like a knife to my heart, although I was still reluctant to accept the news.

Yesterday was a Tuesday as it took us a whole other day to get to land, meaning today was a Wednesday. Yoongi only had four days. Four days to wake up.

Still, even with such short time, I still refused to believe things would take a turn for the worst. Yoongi was strong, stronger than what all the doctors thought.

The morning that followed, I was sat beside Yoongi, him not showing any signs of waking up any time soon. Us two being the only people now left on the ward as everyone else was gone. It was good in a way, I liked the newfound silence. But it was also a curse as thoughts coursed through my mind, my ideas running wild as different things rushed and left my mind.

Pointless conversations, trying to make everything seem normal as I was silently hoping for his own voice to interrupt me. But I was always met with silence.

Different things bringing me back to the past as my eyes scanned the room. From the simple things like the white walls which reminded me of the nights that we spent together in his room. The long corridors we used to run down late at night. Most of all the piano placed at the bottom of the room. Reminding me of that one sweet moment we shared when everything seemed as if it was going to be alright.

It was like all these coherent signs showed the significance of what we shared, reminding me over and over again not to forget as it tried to remind me of good times. Although my mind would just twist it into something more bitter and cold. Turning every good memory I ever held of us into some dark nightmare I just wish I could wake up from. But then I would just snap back into the same old bland room, the thoughts once again flooding my mind as all I could do was let them flow like a river through a storm. Waiting for it to pass like a scared old woman hiding in the warm comfort of her home, cuddled under a blanket whilst a warm fire kept her warm. Although all I had to came back to was a cold, dark room while the storm never passed.

It's hard to try and keep your hopes up. Especially when the person you love can't give you any signs of comfort.

Losing track of time became a normal thing to me, the day blended into one another like watercolours across the paper. All merging into one piece as the only reminder of time was the art in front of me, his face never fails to pull me out of whatever I was in. Pulling me out enough to look around, to realise what time it was and what day it was. Although none of it mattered to me.

I needed things to go slow, I needed time to stop and give me enough time with him. I just needed more time with him, to help him and bring him back to me. But it didn't seem as if time was on my side.

It was currently early hours of a cold Friday morning, my eyes scanning over to the dimly lit clock hanging on the wall. It's ticks seeming to fill the empty room, haunting me as each sound added more anxiety to the atmosphere.

Letting out a sigh to try to fill the air with something other than the clock, my eyes fell back onto his face. Even in his current state, he still looked as perfect as when I first met him that day. God if I'd only known what he would cause, what emotions he would cause my heart to go through. Although, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

"Yoongi..." I breathed out, my voice slightly raspy as I croaked out my words. My throat running dry as lack of water and with no words spilling from my lips left my mouth with hardly any sound "I know you probably can't hear me but, I need to talk to someone" I explained, shifting in my seat as I sat up slightly. Moving from my slouched down position to lean over onto the bed and closer to him.

"Baekhyun started to worry about me, saying I should get some rest" I blabbered, not really knowing what to say to him. But it was nice to actually talk.

"You don't know Baek," I added shaking my hand "He and his husband Chanyeol are survivors... like us. Maybe you can meet them when you come around" I smiled pathetically, my lips dry and chapped as I tried to look at something positive.

"See Yoongi...I'm scared. Okay? I'm scared" I admitted "Although you are here right in front of me, I'm afraid you will slip through my fingers again" A sad tone dripped from my words as I stared helplessly at him " And...I don't want to cry, because if I do I'm afraid I won't be able to stop...but if I do then it really means that your gone" I spoke, biting my lip in an attempt to subside my tears that threatened to fall.

"After Tae, I'm afraid that everything is going to be taken away from me" I voiced, licking my chapped lips as they stung "and you can't leave me...I can't be left alone here. Not again" I shook my head, lowering it onto his hands as I rested my forehead on his hands "Please...just...don't leave me" I spoke, my voice breaking as weakness took over me "Just please...stay..." I whispered, deprivation creeping in as my eyes started to close. I couldn't fight it any longer, it was my fourth day without any sleep. My last thought being the frail boy in my hands as darkness finally consumed me...

A/N: Hello! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Sorry for it being a little bit later in the day! I was out all day and only now got in! Thank you for 2K reads!! And thank you all for the votes and the comments, it really means a lot to me! Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes! Until next week! Happy reading! Annyeong!
- Jamlessfan95