K̺͆n̺͆i̺͆v̺͆e̺͆s̺͆ a̺͆r̺͆e̺͆ d̺͆a̺͆n̺͆g̺͆e̺͆r̺͆o̺͆u̺͆s̺͆

Shuichi remained transfixed on this thought.. the last game, they weren't friends.. they could hardly get along. Kokichi was a liar who killed Kaito. And Miu. And Gonta.

Why did he even care?..

Shuichi closed his eyes, trying to gather his thoughts.. "Kokichi isn't the same one as last time.. he's not a liar.. what if he is still lying to me and I'm too oblivious to see it?.."

"What if... I want him to be different so much.. I'm blind to see that he hasn't changed at all.. that he's exactly the same.."

Shuichi clenched his fists. He would be able to tell when he met up with him later.. once and for all if Kokichi was still a liar.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Shuichi checked the time. It was 2:17 in the afternoon.

He still had at least 6 hours before his training with Kaito..

Shuichi described his current mood as.. restless. He didn't really have anything to do until later on in the evening so he was kind of bored. There was nothing really to do in the school areas they were allowed in.. yes there was a pool but he didn't really want to go there, for obvious reasons..

He could read in his lab for a while but that probably wouldn't help cure his boredom. He seeked some kind of human interaction. He wanted to talk to or have a conversation with someone.

Shuichi got off his bed and headed towards the door.

...................................................................................................................................................................................

He headed into the communal dining-room area and when he walked in, he saw Tenko, Himiko, Angie, Gonta and Tsumugi sitting around the table.

He walked into the room and they all turned to face him. "Shuichi."

Shuichi waved anxiously.

"Himiko wants to put on a magic show to raise everyone's spirits." Tsumugi explained.

Shuichi's face drained of colour. Flashbacks of Ryoma's death.. Kirumi murder.. no. no. No. No. NO. NO. "NO!"

Everyone glared at his sudden outburst.

"Why did you raise your voice like that? You're such a degenerate male!" Tenko shouted, "Himiko's magic should be appreciated!"

Shuichi internally shouted 'FUCK' as he couldn't believe that he had actually shouted 'NO!' out-loud for everyone to hear.

"Gonta want to know why you shout!"

Shuichi attempted to explain but was interrupted by the short purple-haired boy walking into the room. "Oooo! Everything looks sooo tense in here!"

Shuichi had never been so relieved to hear Kokichi's voice. Without stopping to think, Shuichi grabbed Kokichi by the arm and dragged him out of the door leaving both Kokichi himself, and the others confused. 

Shuichi walked for quite a while before finally letting Kokichi go. They were standing in one of the corridors awkwardly before Shuichi realised he probably needed to say something, "I should probably explain why I dragged you out.. I apologise for that by the way.."

Kokichi was desperately pleading to himself that he wasn't blushing.

Shuichi noticed Kokichi's silence so he began started to talk again.. out of awkwardness. "I needed to get out of there.. I might of accidently insulted Himiko's magic."