D̺͆e̺͆a̺͆t̺͆h̺͆'s̺͆ d̺͆o̺͆o̺͆r̺͆

There's quite a bit of description in this chapter so please just hang tight and read it since I did put in quite a bit of effort into all of this. Thanking y'all. 

.

.

Kirumi and Kaito were slowly giving into their worst fears after standing around for what must've been at least twenty minutes at the entrance to the kitchen as that was where they had been told to meet with the detective once he'd checked in with Kokichi and Maki to see how they were doing.

But that's when they finally put the puzzle pieces together and came upon the realisation that Shuichi had lied to them about the plan and was most likely doing something drastic or facing the mastermind all by himself, which wouldn't end with triumph..

"Where's Maki Roll then and Kokichi, library or something was it?" Kaito mumbled out, not wanting to wait for a second longer. Kirumi replied almost instantly but the true nature of her worry wasn't particularly present within her tone. "Your memory is actually quite accurate. Yes, it was the library and I gather that you wish to head over there now instead of waiting here as instructed.."

"He's not coming Kirumi, no way, he's played us."

"And yet you speak of him as is he were a criminal which he is not. I will accompany you but only to restrain yourself from your own idiocy." She then began to walk, her manor still staying composed and well together.

The journey there was rather silent but they were otherwise preoccupied by the panic which ensued after their thoughts took ahold.. and with that, the corridors felt like mazes and the doors felt like they were as heavy to lift as if they were made of stone. Even time was moving slowly as the steps seemed to carry more and more weight with them as they trudged forward, as if their own bodies were begging them not to go into the library due to what they could find. However, curiosity and fear controlled their better sense and took hold, forcing them through into the library and then through the secret door.

What was waiting for them was a sight so unimaginable and so terrifying that they could only stare down in petrified awe. 

What laid there, what.. what was slumped there was the mangled and tormented dead body of the assassin, cuts and slashes lacing from the very flesh on her face to the faint and near to ghostly skin which clung to her muscle covering her thighs. Her pupils were shrunken and mouth left agape as if cemented in eternal agony. To the side of her was the shaking body of Kokichi who himself was covered in her blood which showed to be more than slightly prominent on his uniform. The only noise that finally startled him was the body discovery announcement that rang out from every one of the speakers in the school announcing a death of their fellow classmate, comrade and friend.

"Phuhuhu! A body had been discovered! Please make your way to the library and make sure you fall into des-bear!"

Yet, neither Kokichi, Kaito or Kirumi moved a single inch or indeed processed what was happening in front of their eyes.

.

.

.

Shuichi was grabbing onto both parts of the severed hand with his other hand and ached over to the ground, crumbling right down to his knees with a bundle of muffled screams of pain. Originally the pain had been numbed slightly by the shock but now it was raw and unrelenting and honestly he couldn't fight on in his current condition. The flesh had been severed right down the middle of his hand so that his last two fingers were reeling off, as if unstitching every seam of his skin agonisingly slowly.

Tsumugi was cackling to herself as she held her butchering knife up in front of her to admire the blood traces which had trailed and slithered down the handle so that her delicate hand was painted in the same redness as her weapon. It was clear to see by her delighted expression that killing gave her unexplainable joy and elation, so much so that she wished to savour it, every last second.