O̺͆n̺͆e̺͆ t̺͆h̺͆o̺͆u̺͆s̺͆a̺͆n̺͆d̺͆ k̺͆i̺͆s̺͆s̺͆e̺͆s̺͆

"Shuichi..! Stop walking so fast, you're like a goddamn man on a mission marching like that!~" Kokichi chased the detective out of the trial grounds lift as soon as the door opened, managing to grab onto his arm, "Stop using your big long legs against me~ it's not fair!"

Shuichi hung his head as he instantly came to a halt at the feeling of the contact. "...." It was if there was a dark shadow over his eyes preventing him from seeing past anything despair inducing. Kokichi tilted his head to the side, spinning around Shuichi's body to eventually stare him directly in his beautiful golden eyes.

"You feeling alright..?~"

"H-How could I be f-feeling alright?! You were there, weren't you? You were right there next to me when she got executed so brutally.. weren't you upset?" He spluttered out his words, running a stressed hand through his hair, entangling it within his fingers.

The liar's expression softened to a more sincere one upon hearing his boyfriend's reasoning and true distress, "Come on my beloved, we need to spend some time together~" he reached up and gently took Shuichi's hand out of his hair and into his own hand.

The detective instantly recognised the new heat and shook his head in order to wake himself up with his own depressed trance, with a few glances down towards his hand, he managed to find a way to calm himself down and slow down his racing pulse rate. No words in agreement or disagreement were said however so he just let himself be led by the smaller individual across the courtyard.

The area around the academy didn't look dirty or trashed, if anything it looked completely pristine, which was a weird thing to view their prison as. He was completely zoned out as he was led up and down and through corridors, finally stopping at a certain area.

The wind felt so nice on his face, it was calming and tranquil, the gentle winds dusted his cheeks, allowing his hair to be messed and brushed around freely; there was something so alluring about this place, yet when he opened his eyes to see where it was, an electric current could have been flowed through his spine, electrocuting him from head to toe.

The rooftop.

Even without thinking, he gripped onto Kokichi's hand even tighter, searching desperately for some sort of comfort, despite not knowing exactly why his body was moving on its own. Words were unable to fumble out of his mouth as he lost all capability to speak.

"K-Kokichi.. what happened here..?" He was frozen but the smaller individual insisted on pulling him forward closer and closer to the railings. "I don't like this.. I don't.. stop dragging me! I don't want to go anywhere near that place!"

The supreme leader froze. He equally hated this and what he was doing to him, all the trauma was going to relived for the both of them yet that wasn't the detail that was making his heart heavy right now; no, that award had to go to his beloved Shuichi, he had promised to himself that he wouldn't let the detective get hurt anymore by anyone else and especially not by his own actions.. but here he was, dragging the person he loved more than anything kicking and screaming back to remember the most harrowing part of his life.

There was no other choice anymore.. so what else could he do? This was selfish.. as much as he had forced himself to believe that he was fine with Shuichi not remembering everything, that he was alright with him not loving him anymore, to the same extent at least.. he wanted to be the cause of Shuichi's happiness, his smile and glistening golden eyes.

He bit down on his lip as he strengthened the grip on Shuichi's hand and continued to drag the detective forward. Finally his eyes set on that ledge and those railings; the same ones that had caused his heartache and fear that his boyfriend may never were wake up.