A̺͆ c̺͆r̺͆o̺͆o̺͆k̺͆e̺͆d̺͆ s̺͆m̺͆i̺͆l̺͆e̺͆

Kokichi's voice trailed off as he stared down at the body below. He felt his legs wobble underneath him as his vision began to blur. He grabbed onto the railing, closing his eyes in some sort of way to steady himself.

T-There had to be a way, that body wasn't him.. right? Kokichi was pleading that Shuichi had survived.. or that the whole thing was some sort of ploy to trap the mastermind of the game. Although, Shuichi had never said who the mastermind was, he liar was definitely sure that there was one..

But Shuichi had jumped by choice.. he had seen him jump.. and fall.. and heard him land, crashing down onto the ground below.

He broke out of his trance and shook his head, finally choosing to run down to the ground to check for himself.. to confirm what he was dreading to find..

Kokichi shakily took ahold of the door handle of the roof and opened it, stumbling with every step; he kept missing his footing on the steps but he carried on nethertheless. The purple haired male slowly edged into the courtyard, preparing to walk out and see nothing. No body, no anything.

Even he knew that that was probably extremely unlikely.. he had seen Shuichi fall.. but that little bit of hope.. that little strand of hope tethering him to the situation, one of the many things that Shuichi had taught him.. it was the only thing keeping him able to carry on.

Hope is a funny little thing. One part of it helps you to strive for the only better alternative.. or the lighter path forward. It helps you put one foot in front of another with each day that passes and continue on and never give in. The other side of hope is much darker than the lighter side. It drowns out all sense of purpose and it fills your head with darkness and extreme doubt. It grasps onto your limbs and starts to twist. With every ongoing second, you become distorted and irregular, your soul being dragged through the deepest depths of hell, like it's being scraped and coated in black, thick tar.

That is what hope can do.

A dagger through the heart. That's what it felt like to see the detective's body sprawled out across the floor, his body close to pailing completely. He stumbled over in his direction, his clumsy walk turning into a high paced run.

"Shuichi.. no.. SHUICHI!" He called out, still sprinting towards the limp body in front of him. As he got closer and closer, he spied the Ultimate Assassin also run towards Shuichi's body with what looked to be fear coating her expression.

~

Kokichi crashed down onto his knees, staring blankly, but intently at the body. He carefully placed his hand on to Shuichi's forehead, just in a last minute attempt to check whether he really was.. alive and breathing.

Artistmysterious did this one and the two after it, you'll see them further down! His face is just completely perfect along with the style and the whole scene

Artistmysterious did this one and the two after it, you'll see them further down! His face is just completely perfect along with the style and the whole scene.. it's just.. ah! I love it! So go follow them and check out their story, the cover is their own artwork!