F̺͆a̺͆l̺͆l̺͆i̺͆n̺͆g̺͆ f̺͆r̺͆o̺͆m̺͆ g̺͆r̺͆a̺͆c̺͆e̺͆

Author note/ warning - A lot of angst and very strong themes of suicide. If you don't want to read it,  then please comment down below and I'll summarise it for you. 

Shuichi didn't want his thoughts to turn negative.. but he couldn't help it. After what had happened with Maki earlier, he had to make sure that it truly was Kokichi, the boy he loved.

"Kokichi.. I have a question.. but you can't ask why.." He pushed the boy away from him, holding Kokichi out in front of him, grabbing him by his shoulders.

The smaller boy looked startled by his gesture, not choosing to question it due to the serious look on his face. "Ask away!"

Shuichi looked downwards, taking a deep breath. "Before.. when we weren't.. like this, when you didn't know about my situation, what did I do to make you suspicious of me?"

He put a finger to his chin, seeming to be in deep thought. "Weeeeeell, you did quite a lot. First stupid thing was saying my name when I hadn't introduced myself, boy that was dumb! And second, that list of murders! I mean.. I thought you were the mastermind, nishishi~"

Shuichi flinched as the mastermind was mentioned, the thoughts of him murdering Tsumugi coming flooding back to him. He shook his head, once again suppressing his thoughts. He'd have to face them eventually, but for now, he would spend his time with Kokichi.

It was a killing game after all.

You never know who is going to die.

Kokichi noted how the detective's face had fallen into a sadder expression, "Hey, aren't you meant to be happy that I'm not the mastermind, and I'm not trying to kill you? If anything you look disappointed. Hmph."

"What..?"

"I said that you look disappointed with me not killing you." The smaller boy said this with a small pout on his face, puffing his cheeks out adorably.

"Oh.. right." Shuichi looked down towards the floor, before he clenched his fists and spoke again. "I know it's you.. I know it is.. but after what happened w-with.. the mastermind, and how I let that happen to you.. I can't exactly trust my instincts anymore.."

Kokichi's expression fell. "What happened with me wasn't your fault. I don't remember much of it to be honest. I just remember that I was attacked and stabbed, hauled onto a metal slab and then you running in and saving me, that's about it."

"What if I can't save you next t-time?" His voice tried to remain strong but it broke as he finished his sentence.

Kokichi could see that Shuichi was starting to spiral again, so he firmly grasped his shoulders and pulled him down to eye level. "There won't be a next time, I'll be on the lookout, I am the Ultimate Supreme Leader after all~"

"There's always a next time." Shuichi took his eyes off of Kokichi and dropped them down towards the floor, not able to keep eye contact, "Sorry, I'm bein- mgh.."

Kokichi cut him off with a kiss and Shuichi instantly melted at the contact, his sentence suddenly not mattering anymore. Although the kiss was sweet and gentle, there was definitely some passion in it.

The smaller boy pulled away, staring at Shuichi's face, which now had a gentle blush coating it. He grinned widely, as he spoke, "You were rambling on and on. I'm starting to think that everytime you go on a emo rant, I'll have to kiss you!~"

Shuichi blushed, only to see Kokichi pull closer, almost to kiss him, but pulling away at the last moment, hearing Shuichi let out a sharp exhale of want and frustration.

"Just wanted to tease you a little~ Nishishi~"

Kokichi raised a hand and gently stroked the navy haired boy's cheek, "Meet back here at 9pm, got it?"