B̺͆e̺͆a̺͆t̺͆ o̺͆f̺͆ h̺͆i̺͆s̺͆ h̺͆e̺͆a̺͆r̺͆t̺͆

Shuichi couldn't cry. He simply wasn't able to cry more tears than he had already shed. It was too much fear and too much pain and too much heartbreak all at once. In one massive outburst of emotions.

The detective brought Kokichi to his chest, hugging him as tightly as he could. He didn't care that the blood that was soaking into his clothes, he didn't care about the metal from Kokichi's shackle digging into the bottom of his leg.

He simply didn't care about anything else except for holding the smaller boy as close as he humanly could.

Shuichi felt a single tear fall from his eye and watched as it landed on Kokichi's almost ghostly body. He lent in further, gently placing a kiss on the smaller boy's lips, the tears still falling.

"Why.. c-couldn't I save you..?"

Kokichi's eyes started to flicker between open and closed, eventually managing to stay open. He tried to lift himself up but was far too weak by now to do so, instead he let himself lay in the arms of the detective he loved so very much. 

"Y-You.. did.."

Shuichi's eyes widened, more tears flowing out from them with every second that went by.

"Y-ou saved m-me.. I fel-t cold before.. b-efore you.. you saw thro..ugh my lies a-and I'm h-happy.. that y..ou're th..e one w-who I.. get.. to die w-with.."

Kokichi chuckled gently, "Nishishi~ s-sorry I.. c-couldn't stick.. aroun..d longer.. b-but you'll be.. fine.. the U-Ultimate Detective, Shuic..hi Saihara w-ill end the g...ame.. tell M-Monomi 'bye' from me.. I-I'm r..eally go-oing to m-miss that.. r-at.."

Shuichi hugged him closer, clinging onto him as tightly as he possibly could. He never wanted to let go.. Kokichi Ouma was the love of his life.

"I love you.."

Kokichi felt his heart pound upon hearing those words coming from the detective's mouth. It was a moment of pure elation but it was also guilt.. an immeasurable amount of guilt.. "..Shuichi, it'll o-only m..ake it harder.."

Shuichi clenched his fists as he started to let the purple haired liar go. He couldn't give up now.. he wasn't going to have Kokichi snatched away from him too soon.. all he wanted was another few days, even another few hours.. but not now.. he couldn't leave him alone now.

He wasn't ready.

"I'm going to get someone.. I don't care what it takes.. I won't lose you again.."

"A-Ag..ain?" Kokichi questioned, his eyesight becoming more cloudy and fuzzy by the second. He felt Shuichi's arms leave his torso; the cold of the hangar finally getting to him.

The detective laid him down onto the floor, propping the liar's head up on the corner of the hydraulic press. Shuichi took one last look back at him, just in case this was the last time that he would see him alive.

He sprinted out of the room, tears streaming down his face. In all honesty, he didn't know where he was running to, he just had to leave in a desperate attempt to find a saviour for the dire situation.

His head darted around the courtyard and it seemed that luck was on his side.

Kirumi Tojo was walking across the area, a broom held tightly in her left hand. The detective ran up to her, shouting to get her attention.

"KIRUMI!"

She turned around, not fazed in the slightest by the terrified shouting. She clasped her hands together, still managing to keep the broom upright. "Shuichi, what do you need me to assis-"