Can we play a game Saihara-chan?~

Little oneshot to get me in the trial writing mood.

.

.

The navy haired boy laid stone cold and frozen in his bed with no thoughts able to consume his mind. His hands curled up to grip his monochrome bed sheets as he blankly and silently stared at his despair ridden ceiling, which he had commissioned himself to paint black then to cover it with the most potent and beautiful shining stars, but the sheer thought of doing that led to his arms quivering with unconditional anxiety. It came to no shock to him that after three months it still remained empty and black, perfectly capturing his deteriorating void of a mental state.

He had commanded himself to colour and decorate his room in perfect taste to suit along with his ideals and pure unforgettable treasured memories.. yet everything from the splitters in the unkept floorboards to the cracks in the ceiling were shown to be abandoned with no hint of a touch of bright colours or intricate decoration.

He slowly pulled himself up and scraped his heavy body up against his headboard, locking eye contact with his black bedroom door, especially on the rusty silver handle. His mind was completely still and disconnected as the solemnity of the situation set into him once again, closing his eyes and accepting the darkness.

There was a monotone beep which tipped and tattled from his left to right ear, if Shuichi could make an estimate, the sound would be matched to a low D on a classical piano; the sound was long like that of a hospital machine flatlining, it was so painful yet he felt nothing from it, it was soulless and empty in both its pitch and status.

"Hope you haven't died on me Saihara-chan!~♡"

Shuichi slowly stretched open his eyes, waiting until they focused on the empty shadow of the male who was dressed in a smart styled white suit and checkered scarf. His outfit had changed since the last time that he had last settled his eyes on him, despite him having no memory or even a place to begin to work out what the time was, or even the day or month.

"I wouldn't die on you Ouma-kun, stop overdramatising everything." He ran a tired hand through his soft blue hair and exhaled a long sigh.

"Wahhhh! Saihara-chan is so meaaaannn!~" Kokichi pouted as fake crocodile streamed down his face. He swung his legs as he plonked himself down at the end of the bed, his feet didn't touch the ground and simply swung there limply and lifelessly but he still remained to make the same childish comment about how the bedsheets felt like sandpaper on his skin.

"Soooo Saihara-chan, whatcha wanna talk about?" He cooed, laying flat down on his back, staring up at the blank ceiling, "Oo, like that ceiling, it's so emo, just like you!~"

"I really don't want to talk.." Shuichi buried his head in his covers, feeling the newfound coldness that had swept into the room. No matter how he attempted to warm himself up with his blankets, his body didn't rise to a single degree.

"Well hmph! I don't want to talk to Saihara-chan either, he's boringgg!" He lent his head further backwards to create a sort of upside down eye contact and laughed, "Nishishi! That was a lie, but you knew that didn't you, my beloved?~"

Shuichi rolled his eyes but slowly made eye contact with the playful liar, simply seeing him was enough to form a small smile upon his pale lips. "Why do you waste your time with me?"

"Because you want me to be here, Saihara-chan did you forget?"

"Forget what?"

Kokichi flipped onto his stomach and began to crawl further up the sheets, his hands barely imprinting upon the fabric, "Poor Saihara-chan." As he approached the taller individual, he ordered to see his hand, and when he spied it, he leaned in much closer and a frown formed on his face, "Awhh, does my beloved not love me anymore?~"

Shuichi began to get increasingly more confused, he reached out to touch the liar, yet he dodged out of the way, tutting disapprovingly. "What am I missing here Ouma-kun?"

The liar shook his head from side to side, his hair slowly dusting between his left and right cheeks as he did so, "You're the detective, I'm sure you'll figure it out, I have hope in you nishishi, so you better not let me down~"

Shuichi shot him a confused but bashful glance and nodded, sitting up further in his bed. Before he could speak, Kokichi shot a bullet into the conversation, "Do you wanna play a game with me. Oh come on, come on pretty please?"

"What game do you want to play Ouma-kun? I'm tired so I hope that it's not anything too strenuous." He raised an eyebrow but agreed nonetheless, sitting up with excellent posture against the headboard.

He poked a finger into his chin and puffed his cheeks, "How about the knife game?~"

Shuichi's disagreed firmly, "No, I don't want to think of anything to do with the killing game, can't we do something else?"

Kokichi cocked his head to the side innocently. "But playing the knife game is what you want to do, I just know it, so are we going to play or not?"

Shuichi protested once again, "I said no, alright? Stop pushing this."

Kokichi rolled his eyes, Saihara-chan since you can't work it out, I'll tell ya~ You dreamt me up!~ I'm just a figment of your imagination! Honestly Saihara, move on from me already!"

Shuichi's eyes widened with utter confusion and disbelief. He sprung up from his bed only to find his legs completely give up under him. "No, no, I'm sure that's not right.. Y-You're lying!"

Yet he still scraped across the floor towards the feet of the purple haired male who was staring down at him with a pitiful glare. "You escaped the game and instead of going out and doing stuff, you've locked yourself away and now you're talking to a ghost. Stop dwelling on me so much, it's kinda sad."

Shuichi scraped at the feet of the liar, only to find that his hand went straight through him, then to see his body evaporating into small pieces then into thin air and then into nothingness yet he could still see the smile condescending smile that he always wore, still plastered onto his face. "Nishishi~ See you tomorrow Saihara-chan.."

"O-Ouma?!"

.

.

.