B̺͆l̺͆a̺͆m̺͆e̺͆ i̺͆s̺͆ a̺͆ d̺͆e̺͆a̺͆d̺͆ m̺͆a̺͆n̺͆'s̺͆ g̺͆a̺͆m̺͆e̺͆

After around an hour later, and Maki had given up and left, only leaving Kokichi alone with Shuichi. He had no idea how long he had spent with the unconscious detective but he didn't care about anything else or about anyone else.

He didn't even know what time it was.. or whether it was day or night.

The room was silent, well, it nearly was. The only sound that was distracting Kokichi from everything, that was almost taking over his mind, was the spine chilling beeping from the machinery, measuring Shuichi's resting heartbeat.

The gaps between the beeps of the machine made Kokichi panic, he just wanted to hear the next beep, fearing every single time that there wouldn't be another one to follow it up with.

He heard his stomach rumbling but chose to ignore it, Shuichi was more important than anything.

Kokichi heard footsteps, meaning that someone was entering the room and he instantly turned defensive. In all honesty, it wouldn't be the hardest task to accomplish to kill Shuichi as he was right now, due to his extremely vulnerable physical state.

The brown haired, red eyed girl entered the room, standing in silence. Kokichi stood up and turned to face her, scowl already on his face, "What are you doing here?~"

She rolled her eyes in return. "To help, despite your preconceptions about me, I do feel somewhat obliged to help him."

"You, help someone? Nishishi!"

She crossed her arms firmly across her chest, "You don't know this but before you knew the truth about Shuichi.. he accidentally revealed something to me, I had a knife up to his neck as soon as he made that mistake but he managed to convince me otherwise.."

Kokichi's expression changed into a puzzled one, "This is like, super weird, why're you telling me this?"

She scowled but walked further into the room, "He asked me to trust him and with time, I learnt to trust him. And yet, I never had the chance to tell him that."

Kokichi raised an eyebrow, "You're sounding like you like him Maki, something you want to tell me?~"

Her reaction said it all, there was a silence, a bone chilling silence that made the atmosphere more and more tense. She sighed back, "..I just know that he would never have let you go without a fight, and that he isn't the sort of kind to give up like that. Going through what he went through, it must have taken a toll on him in one way or another but.. you've probably seen more of that than I have."

Kokichi decided not to outwardly show it but hearing her talk this way, like she knew him better than he knew him.. it really annoyed him. No, not just annoyed, the correct word for what he was feeling was probably infuriated.

"You don't know anything!" He scowled, snapping back at her, crossing his arms tightly across his chest like a child.

"Nothing for certain but at least I am making an effort. All I've seen you do is sit down here doing absolutely nothing towards helping him or uncovering if there is another reason to why he fell, and if so, what that reason is. It doesn't help if you wallow in self pi-" Maki's brutal sentence was cut off buy Kokichi, who had had enough.

"Nishishi! Get out of my sight right now!~" He chuckled attempting to numb down the harshness of the sentence.

She refused to move, instead her expression darkened; she didn't take kindly to being threatened. "I don't have to do a single thing that you say."

Kokichi let out a frustrated shout and ran for Maki, pushing her backwards with all of his might. "ARGGHH!"

The assassin only stumbled backwards a few steps, her eyes now gleaming a darkened and dangerous red. In one swift motion, she had him up against one of the hospital walls, her hand slowly tightening around his pale, fragile neck. The smaller boy let out a choked sound as he started to gasp for breath, fixing his eyes on Shuichi as he felt his ability to breathe become even harder by the second.

'At least I'll be with you.'

Maki punched him in the face fiercely before letting him fall back down against the wall, gasping for air.

"The only reason I won't kill you is that I don't want to give my life for someone as pathetic as you." Maki hissed, walking towards the exit.

Kokichi called out to her, "Why.. Why do you hate me all of a.. of a sudden?!"

She looked back over her shoulder, "Because the only reason he would do something like this, is if it was your life on the line. Look at him and see what you've done." And after saying that, she barged past Kokichi, standing next to Shuichi with a threatening glare in her eyes. "Now leave before you do any more damage."

Kokichi's eyes darted between Maki and Shuichi.. he didn't want to leave him with her alone.. but he didn't have a choice. It was clear to see that the assassin was furious and what she had said..

He needed time to process it.

~

The smaller boy kept walking along the different hallways, hoping that he could walk away from all of this guilt.. but it wasn't working. No matter what he did, it just wasn't working.

Kokichi clenched his fists and headed into the bathroom, going up to the sink to splash some water on his face.. he looked into the mirror and grimaced, not liking the angry look his face was displaying, "G-Get a hold of yourself.. you think Shuichi needs someone wea-"

He cut himself off as he saw something in the reflection of the mirror.

Kokichi froze, his entire body becoming cold. He slowly turned around then grabbed at the sink viciously to throw up. 

It was true, he was completely weak.

Avvocadoo drew this amazingly dark and extremely f'd up death scene

Avvocadoo drew this amazingly dark and extremely f'd up death scene. It's hauntingly beautiful in its own way. All the details are perfect and how doesn't want to see Kork die a horrible death? Go follow them and comment on this!

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................