chapter 1

JANELLE'S POV

It's 6:00 in the morning on sept 6 and I wake up with sun rays shining in my eyes. Opening my eyes from the sun rays I got up and put open my blinds to release the sunlight into my room. "It's beautiful today outside." I said calmly with a smile on my face. I then went into my room bathroom and got washed.

I got out and put on my scrub outfit and went into the bathroom putting on my makeup and fixing my hair. I walked down the hallway upstairs and went into the kids room and said "zoey, kai come get dressed." they didn't answer me so I walked over to zoey and tapped her lightly. She opened her eyes.

"mommy?" with her soft Voice.

"Yeah it's me baby. Come on let's get ready for school."

"okay mommy."

I passed her outfit for today and did her hair in a ponytail. She had on jeans, UGGs boots, long sleeved pink & white tribal print shirt, with a light brown furry vest.

"Okay baby go grab your things and go downstairs while I get your brother ready, okay?"

"okay mommy!" she then ran downstairs.

"Be careful! No running down the stairs!"

I yelled in a loud worried tone. I then got kai out of his crib and kissed him on the cheek
"hey baby! Mommy's here! Yes she is, yes she is!"

I say while showering him with a rainstorm of kisses and him giggling and laughing too.

"Come on baby let's get you ready."

I then dressed him up and brushed his hair. He had on black pants, black red white jordans and jordan shirt, and I black leather coat on him. I packed kai's baby bag, picked kai up, and closed their room door. I heated some toaster strudels for zoey and feed kai baby oatmeal. After breakfast I put my coat on, grabbed my purse along with kai, grabbed my keys from the bowl.

"Come on zoey!" I said said.

"Okay!" zoey grabbed her coat and bookbag and ran outside.

Laughing I left the house and locked my house door. Opening the car door open I put kai in his car seat and buckled him up and putting zoey in the car too. Getting into the car I start the car and drove off. I drive to the school and noticed that zoey was feeling nervous.

"You okay zoey?" I asked concerned.

I can tell when zoey is nervous. I've known ever since she was born. She would Always look down with I sad face while playing with her little fingers. I've known her and kai expressed themselves since the day they were born. I made it my job to know about them.

"I-im scared mommy." She said playing with her fingers shyly.

"of what sweetie?" I asked.

"what if they don't like me?"

"they will sweetie they just haven't meet you."

"what do I do?"

"easy just be yourself."

"what if I get bullied and hit by someone?"

"then if you him them back. Remember, always hit when they hit you first okay?"

"okay! Thank you mommy!" she said with a big smile on her face.

"Your welcome baby. Anytime."

-At the school yard-

I parked my car in a near by parking space got out the car grabbing zoey and kai out of the car into the school building. The school has from 6th grade to pre-k in there so I had no problem with kai in trying to either find a babysitter or in a daycare.