chapter 24

~Back to china~

😇EVANGELINE'S POV😇

Today is thursday and I am now getting cece ready for the funeral. I'm done putting on her dress and start cece's hair. I put her hair into a high ponytail with braids to the left and right. I put her shoes on and get her on the bed. I then go into the bathroom and change into my dress and did my hair. I look good.

I then grab my things and pick up cece and head downstairs. I go downstairs into the living room to see ricky feeding jr On the couch. moments like these is what I love about ricky the most. I then went into the living room with cece on my hip and sat on the couch with him.

Hey.....are you okay?

Yeah I'm fine. It's just a lot to take in.

I understand completely. I know what it feels to lose a loved one.

I know. Thank you eva.

No problem now come on we need to get the funeral home.

Ard let's go.

We then got up, get everything we need, grabbed the kids, left out.

-At the funeral-

💣RICKY'S POV💣

We were now at the funeral and listening father talking about how an amazing man he was and always will be. I was crying from listening to everyone talk about him. He's done so much for me and gave me a-lot advices on anything that I needed help on. Of course my father did that too but uncle xiao's advice was better. and he win me the most amazing gift ever. He gave me Evangeline back. It was the most spectacular gift he has ever given me.

I one time accidentally cheated on her from a one night stand. When she found out she lefted me and went back to america and stayed at her janelle's house while cece was 6 months. Once xiao found out I received a huge smack in the back of my  head and a lecture from him too. He really did love eva a-lot like she was his daughter anc would have done anything for her. He then convinced her to give me another chance and here we are. Married and with children.

I felt arms wrap around me to see eva hugging me real tight im her arms while saying calm and peaceful wordimg in my ear. I then grab cece and hug her and she hugged back. I then heard the pastor say in Chinese.

Pastor: Hai you shei yuanyi xiang ta biaoda jingyi? (would anyone else like to say their respects to him?)

Eva: Go on baby you can do it.

I nodded my head and stood up and walked up to the stage. I bring a pieces of paper and unfolded it. I cleared my throat and began to read.

Me: Wǒ de shūshu xiāo shìgè hǎorén. Tā zài dàngtiān bāngzhùle wǒ hěnduō. Tā huì gàosù wǒ yǒngyuǎn bùyào fàngqì bù kěnéng de shìqíng, tā yě zǒng shì gǔlì wǒ. Suǒyǐ wǒ suǒ shuō de shì wǒ de shūshu xiǎo céngjīng shì yī wèi wěidà de rén.
(my uncle xiao was a great man. he helped me a-lot back in the day. he would tell me to never give up on the impossible and he'd always encourage me too. so what I'm saying is my uncle xiao was and always will be a great man.)

I then went back to my seat and wiped my eyes out. I felt Eva's hand on my shoulder and she said with a proud tone.

Eva: You did well.

Ricky: Thank you baby.

She gave me a kiss on the lips and we then went back to listening

~At the funeral party~