chapter 17

Hey guys guess what? I'm gonna make a chapter for........the kids! That's right I'm making this chapter from the kids pov in school. So this means you'll see what goes down at school. Hope y'all ready because.......here it is!

~BACK TO AMERICA~

🌸ZOEY'S POV🌸

I was in my classroom sitting with maya, jason, the new girl Tracie talking. We were talking about what we wanted to do when we get older and go to high school. Said filled with happiness.
Maya: I hope I can have a first kiss!
Jason: Ew cuz! Why you want that?
Maya: Because it's an experience you'll never forget and it's magical!
Me: Who told you that?
Maya: Mommy did! She said a first kiss is a magical thing and you will always remember it.
Tracie: That sounds dreamy. I can imagine my first kiss.
Me: Yeah me too.
Jason: Ew! Y'all nasty thinking about kisses.
Me: Then what do you want to do when you get older?
Jason: I wanna have my first fight when I get older!
Tracie: *gasps*But that's bad fighting isn't good jeremiah!
Jason: But it sounds fun when mama tells her stories of fighting on the phone with her friends.
Me: Well maybe-
I was then cut off by mrs. Harris. She then said with her voice filled with cheerfulness.
Ms. Harris: Okay class! Today we're going to make a project with a teammate. I want you to make a sculpture of what you and your partner's favorite animal looks like! So go find you a partner.
They then left to find partner but me. I don't really like having a partner for a project I can do by myself. I love to sculpt and make jewelry so I have no problem with doing something on my own. I was coloring in my book but I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and I froze looking at my crush dylan Carson. He's the bad boy of 1st grade and he is dreamy.

 He's the bad boy of 1st grade and he is dreamy

He then sat down with me. It was quiet until he broke the quiet and asked me with a smile that not even I couldn't resist.
Dylan: Hey zoey! you wanna be my partner!
Me: U-uh sure! Yes! Dang it! Why did I sound like that?!
Dylan: Okay! Wait let me get me stuff so I can help.
Me: Okay!
He then went back to get his stuff and just watched him get it. I can't like-like him yet. Daddy said so. But I did always wanted to feel the way my mommy and daddy are. If I were to be with someone.....will we argue like mommy and daddy does or will we be happy. I wish I could be happy with dylan. He then came back with his stuff and sat next to me. I then asked him feeling curious.
Me: So what's your favorite animal?
Dylan: I like wolfs! They're so cool! What about you?
Me: Oh well....I like tigers. They are so pretty.
Dylan: Cool! Maybe we can-oh wait! Since we won't be able to decide what animal to make maybe we can make them both and combine them together!
Me: Shouldn't it be a animal that exist?
Dylan: Hey she said an animal. So it's cool if it's an animal.
Me: Okay! Let's get started then!
He nodded and we began to do our project. I started the tiger and he started the wolf. While we were doing it we started to talk. He made me laugh, happy, and I feel more relaxed with him.

🌻LAYLA'S POV🌻

I came out of the bathroom and was walking to my classroom. I walked down the hallway to see dexter & Bryce picking on a girl. People would just ignored it but me I didn't.
Dexter: Hey why are you so dark? You look like the night sky.
Bryce: Yeah you should just go home.
I feel so mad right now. Why would they say such things like that just because of her skin color. I then marched over there and pushed the boys onto the floor and I then said while grabbing her arm.
Me: Come on!
She nodded her head and ran with me down the halls but they were chasing us. I saw the girls bathroom so I opened the door and we rushed inside. We were sitting on the floor while leaning on the wall. We were panting and breathing out loud because we were both out of breath. I finally caught my breath and I then asked her.
Me: Are....are you new here?
Faith: Yeah....i am.
Me: Why didn't your parents come with you to your class?
Fsith: They were busy. They didn't want to miss work.
Me: Oh okay. Jist so you know those boys are named dexter and Bryce. They're twins.
Faith: I knew they were brothers. They look exactly alike.
Me: So what's your name?
Faith: Faith jones. How about you?
Me: Layla dickson.
Faith: How old are you?
Me: 6, and you?
Faith: Same. What grade are you in?
Me: 6th. You?
Faith: Same too!
Me: What class do you go to?
She then took a piece of paper out and unwrapped it.
Faith: My room is rm 201. I was looking for it until those two boys saw me and started picking on me.
Me: Well if you ever need any help then I'll help you out! Okay?
Faith: Okay!
We then got up and left the bathroom and we both went to class. Turns out she's in the same class as me and we got along that quickly. We then got into the classroom and ms. Hale then said to me in her worried voice.
Ms hale: Layla! Where have you been?! I was starting to get worried? And who is this?
I then explained her the whole thing and she understood. She then said to faith with her big smile.
Ms hale: Welcome to our school and classroom faith jones. I'm ms Hale. Layla please take her to her seat.
Me: Okay!
I leaded the way to her seat and she sat down with me. Soon we began to talk about each other and we instantly became really cool friends and I even let her meet jeremiah and more of my other friends too and they liked her already. I have a very good feeling that Faith is gonna be a good thing that's happened to me.