chapter 30

JANELLE'S POV✨

I was in the living room eating lunch when I heard a knock on my door. Sighing I got up and I unlock my door and when I opened it kyah just barged in and started mumbling in an angry tone.

"What happened kyah?" I asked curiously.

"What happened? What happened?! What happened was this!"

She slammed I folder on my desk that was near my food. I went over to my desk, picked the folder up and opened it. I looked to see something that shocked me.

"What the fuck is this shit?!"

"It's a letter saying if I don't drop the case then they'll......they'll take my license as a teacher."

"What?! That's horri- Wait!.....bitch you better stop worrying and do that damn case!"

"Bitch what you mean?! Why you yelling at me for?!"

"Have you forgot you also a lawyer! You could sue the person who blackmailed you and and on top of that you got jeremy who can track that motherfucka and get him murked!"

"Oh....you right, you right shit I don't know what I was worrying about!"

"Yeah. Anyways how is the case going?"

"Not very good."

"Why? What happened?" I asked filled with curiously.

"Well James's family is really rich."

"So? what's that got to do with the case?"

"His family has a-lot of lawyers and plus I can't find any evidence what happened!"

"You can always talk to kayla to see if she wants to testify about it."

"I don't think she'll want to though. If she tells them it then it'll break her."

I could tell this is hurting kyah. Even though she's never been raped I could tell that she really cares for kayla's well being.

"But if she wants justice...then she'll need to speak up. It'll help make the case a lot easier for you as well."

"Yeah you right. I'll talk to her tonight about this."

"Alright. But how are you feeling?"

"About the situation?" Kyah said curiously.

"No, your pregnancy. How you feeling?"

"I'm Fine been throwing up and complaining about shit, but fine."

"Ard. Call me if anything happens after all I am a doctor after all."

"Okay I'll let you know."

She went the door and opened it and left out the house, closing the door. As i was eating I heard my phone ring. I saw that tatsuo is calling. I picked it up and answered the phone.

Hello?

Janelle I'm gonna be late again tonight, so you don't have to wait on me. He said in a pale tone.

Okay I'll go pick the kids up from school then.

No, I'll get touka to bring them home.

Seriously?! I can't get my own kids from school now?!

Yes. You're still on lock down until I find him.

Okay you need to know that I'm a grown ass woman who can do what she wants!

Well you sure aren't fucking acting like it.

"You son of a-" before I could finish my sentence he hanged up on me. I then called him again and he didn't pick up. I called him five more times but he still didn't answer. Man I hate him ever since ryan came onto me he's been tripping and on my ass everyday and we haven't even had sex either! Ya know what I'm done talking about him. I just am I then played my show "boys over flowers" and continued to eat my lunch.