chapter 28

MARCO'S POV

Seven days later

I was in my office doing some computer work on how to strike back at rynello when I heard I knock on my door. I looked up from computer to the door and said 'come in.' while looking back at my computer. I hear the door open and hear someone sit on the front chair. I looked to see ben sitting down in the chair while looking down and playing with his fingers. I looked at him with a questionable look.

Me: Is everything okay ben?

Ben: Well I- I just wanted to ask you something....but I'm too shy to ask because I don't know how you would feel about it.

Me: Ben whatever you need to say you can always tell me.
Okay. Well.....I like someone.

Me: Oh? And who is this special person?

Ben: Her name is McKenzie dickson. She's a girl in my class.

Oh my god. My son's got a crush on Jeremy's daughter. His oldest daughter. I then cleared my throat and said with a calm tone.

Me: So ben what made you so attracted to McKenzie?

Ben: Her personality, her smile, her big puffy brown hair, the way her dark brown eyes shine in the light, and even more things.

Okay my son is whipped. Totally whipped.

Ben: Dad what should I do? I really like her and I wanna do something to attract her attention to me but I don't know what to do.

Aw he really likes McKenzie. I can tell when he has a crush on someone, he does the same thing I do when I have a crush on someone. I then said in a calm tone.

Me: Well what do know about McKenzie so far? Do you know what she likes?

Ben: Well I know her favorite animal is a bear, she likes hersey kisses, her favorite color is gold, and her favorite song is.....oh it's love me like you do by ellie gouldling.

Me: Well then think of something that you can make out of all the things that she likes.

Ben: Hmmm.....Dad how did you impress mom?

That then struck a string in my heart. Just thinking about her is enough for me to shed a single tear. I then said to him in a reassuring tone.

Me: Well I did the same thing. I surprised her with everything she liked and.....she had the biggest smile on her face.

Ben: Hmmm......okay dad! I'll do just that!

He then got up from his chair and gave me a big hug.

Ben: Grazie papa.

Me: sei il benvenuto figlio.

He then left my office and I was in my thoughts. My son is in love. I remember when I was just like him with his mother. Mariana cortez williams. The woman of my dreams. I remember surprising her with a date that she would never forget.

FLASHBACK

It was june 5, in 2008. Me and mariana are in america for our anniversary. I always take her out to dates to restaurants and all but she wasn't feeling happy nor excited with the dates plus she soon is about to give birth in three days and she was nervous about it too, so I did what any husband would do for their wife, I planned something to cheer my wife up. We were in the forest walking down the path that led to the date. I blindfolded her because it was a surprise. Once we were there she then asked me in a bored tone.

Mari: marco are we there yet? My feet are getting a little tired.

Me: Don't worry Amor besides we're already here.