Regret

Chapter 12 *Scar POV*

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ― Marilyn Monroe

Dream:

End of the line. One last stop. Though I’d heard it described as “underground,” Scar was loath to call the last round of the fight anything close to that since it took place under the schools territory.

Packed with promoters, gamblers, fans of all types, the only man and women she found honorable of the whole bunch was her opponent, who stood at the edge opposite her own with his sword glinting in the late evening city sun. This was crazy. Mr. Johnson knew it. Crazy didn’t mean the two remaining swords on the ground her, a broadsword and her opponent’s, a thin curved hook blade hadn’t spilled a lot of blood today. Both blades looked almost pink in the dying light. Her eye made brief contact with her opponent, who only smirked at her. She didn’t want to admit the name that got her on the edge, but it had. One after the other students started to fall until it was me and her. She looked at me with so much hate I couldn’t figure out why I didn’t even know her.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.” The fat announcer man stepped between us while Mr. Johnson was in the crowd making bets. What I  wouldn’t have given to open his belly, instead. “BEGIN.”

And we were off. The crowd shied back as I the opponent, with youth and lean muscle, leapt catlike from the ledge, waving the hooked blade in figure eights multiple times before touching down on the solid ground again. Scar didn’t smile. Being with the queen and dating a warrior has it benefits. This time, she made sure to make eye contact. For a brief moment, she could see uncertainty in my eyes. She felt grateful for the advantage.

Advancing. Advancing. I charged at her with the hooked blade upheld, going to her foreswing and following it with a backswing. Scar dodged the first and met the second with her broadsword. The weight of the thing sent my blade back, back, back…but not far enough to knock the blade free of his hands. Striking. This arcing shot sliced the fabric of my shirt at the midsection. It missed the flesh behind it by perhaps a centimeter.

I staggered. Scar swung. Her broadsword missed, though not close enough to eat fabric. I managed another smirk, this time at the spryness of my dodge. Scar had to admit it was impressive, but this time, the sight only made her angrier.

“First, Akasha take her from me now you! Your scrawny piece of shit you may be faster than me and we are tied, but you will never be better than me. Anca love me not you! I will kill you in front of everyone if its the last thing I do. Mark my words: I’M COMING FOR YOU!” She said.

“I am better than you and for your information Anca is my “TRUE MATE” NOT YOURS! You might as well look the other way because you will not be winning this fight,” I said. Mr. Johnson knew that Anca was Scars ex girlfriend yet they still brought me here. Scar was enraged.

She Swung. Swung. Swung. The first two missed badly, but the third, a backswing off the one before it, found flesh. The heavy broadsword ate through me  as easily as air. When she struck me my whole being began to change. My eyes turn darker than ever before. My skin paled. Talons grew from my nails, darker veins appeared through my entire region, but I looked like the vampires in Vampire Diaries, and although my teeth never changes, the most monstrous sound my ears have ever heard escaped my thin white shapeless lips. Worse than any sound any creature could make, more piercing than the caw of an hawk, more bone rattling than the roar of a tiger and more terrifying than any sounds your nightmares could ever conjure. I took one step and leaped into the air, I took down as many fallens as possible they were my subjects and I needed to protect them from these hunters but it all stopped the fallen started to advance and catch my warriors by surprise and I wasn’t going to have this I killed nearly all the fallen except for the two that submitted to me.

Reality:

It’s been two months since Ivy beaten me in both sword and gun fight. I have never in my life seen anyone move like she does. Even though she human she moves ten times faster than a werewolf and vampire alike. Even though she won I respect her she moves with elegance and years of practice like she was born to move like that. Yet, it been a few week since I saw her at club Phoenix with Frank. I knew what was going to happen, but I did nothing to stop him from taking her. Since the club I could see progress within Ivy she became a better fighter stronger and ready to kick ass. There are rumors going around the school that Ivy pregnant. I know Frank killed her spirit but if he got her pregnant Anca would murder him. I know she hasn’t told anyone about it, but I needed to talk to her.  Seeing her at school looking empty with no reason to live broke my heart. Even though I didn’t like her in the beginning she grew on me. On the other hand Anca and Kiara has been trying to get her back to her old self which isn’t working. “Ivy,” I yelled. She looked around staring at me with a blank expression, I really hate what he did to her. “Look I know what happened at the club a few weeks ago and if you need anyone to talk to I’m here for you. There was nothing in her eyes that indicated any type of emotion except from the way that she flinched.

“Me getting raped never happened and I knew you were there watching me because of my mate, but thank you for trying to help,” she whispered. I reached out to touch her when I felt this current shoot through my body. WHAT THE HELL? and my inner wolf screaming  “Mate...Mate...Mate” I have touched her so many time why have I felt this now. “That because she not our mate dumbass, we are her protectors. We have a certain pull to her and she feels it too; look at how her eyes change she showing emotion.” I listened to my inner wolf and she was right Ivy had more life to her. Our little exchange had everyone staring at us. After that weird altercation the day went by as if someone jumped through time. Now I regretted not saving her at the club when she needed me the most.