Will my past Return?

Chapter 31 *Anca POV*

Arraigned at my own bar, Memory having given her evidence of the hopes, wishes, sentiments I had been cherishing since last night-- of the general state of mind which I have indulged for nearly a fortnight past; Reason having come forward and told in her own quiet way , a plain, unvarnished tale, showing how I had rejected the real, and rabidly devoured the ideal;-- I pronounced judgment to this effect:-- That a greater fool than Jane Eyre had never breathed the breath of life: that a more fantastic idiot had never surfeited herself on sweet lies, and swallowed the poison as if it were nectar.” ― Charlotte Brontë,

Life is so unfair. When you love someone and you promise to never do anything to hurt them again; yet you choose to lie to them constantly so they won't try to dig up your past. Sadly, I have hurt Ivy so many time I lost track of counting long time ago; I just can’t afford her knowing that I have a wife and kids outside the mating bond and I could end up being executed for this, but I asked Ivy to marry me because I love her. Some how I wanted to marry Ivy for two different reasons, but I know she’ll never forgive me if I told her I needed to marry her to break my marriage with my other wife. In defense I thought this girl was my true mate during the dark ages because I felt the pull and the connection automatically and I fell in love with her up until I found out that because my true mate was a queen I was allowed two mates and just to let you know I fucked up badly. Sin and I have been married for a millennium now and when I found that I had a true mate I went balls deep to find Ivy, but never worked out the way I planned since I was already mated.

Flashback:

It was 1450, during the Middle Ages, a time of when life was dominated by the feudal system, consisting of titles such as noble lords, noble women, peasants, monks and nuns. The Black Death had finally disappeared; population was steadily growing back as agriculture improved, as it was critical to the growth of commerce and other businesses. In Italy, we were in a period of profitable peace between our city states, because of our agreements between the northern city states of Italy. My parents were the king and queen, but many called them the lords, since I was a female my father already planned out my marriage, but father didn’t notice that I was only attracted to the same-sex; which my mother soon found out two months ago and nearly chewed my head off. Oh, how humans were oblivious to the fact that we were vampires, they figured we were the cause of the Black Death because of our pale skin, and abnormal eyes that I inherited from my mother. Vermin’s were effete and my parents banned me from feeding on vermin; which caused me to feed on those whom never had a family before. When I was a little girl my mom would always tell me about how our mates would find us when the right time came and since I haven’t found my mate, my dad wanted me to seal my fate with a mere mortal. The night before my father announced to the kingdom that I was to betrothed Prince Voldemort, I was on my nightly strolls through the park, when I met this alluring women, who I couldn’t stop looking at, and that when I realized I found my mate. I think she knew it too because she had this goofy smirk plastered all over her face. The unexpected part was that she kissed me without a thought; just when I was about to kiss back she quickly pulled away.

“My lord I am sorry,” she apologized bowing her head slightly “I do not know what came over me.”

“We both know that you aren’t sorry, but we can’t deny what we feel for each other my lady,” I said. “I would like to know your name.”

“Sin,” she whispered.

“What a beautiful name for a beautiful creature,” I said.

“My lord we cannot have any type of formalities; you are the next heir to your father kingdom and you are betrothed to Prince Voldemort. We cannot meet again I am sorry; you may be the love of my life and mate, but I will not go to jail for loving a female,” she said. What the hell was she saying? First she was all over me and now she saying she doesn’t want to be my mate. I knew those words were a form of rejection, but it still hurt like hell.