The Big Disastrous Day

Chapter 32 *Ivy POV*

“When love beckons to you follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you. And when he speaks to you believe in him, Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden. For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning. Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth......  But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure, Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor, Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears. Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love. And think not you can direct the course of love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself." But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires: To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness. To be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully.” ― Khalil Gibran,

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to finally realize that after your wedding you’re no longer consider a single woman. I have waited all my life to have my wedding and it finally here; I imagined being married to Lilith at one point, but Anca is the person I truly love and after all the nonsense that went on after the rejection; I knew that Anca wouldn’t do anything to hurt me anymore. Its been a few months since Anca and I was engaged, but now that my day was finally here I never felt so alive. My eyes flew opened. I lay shivering and gasping in my bed for several minutes as I realized that I was getting married today. I got dressed and headed into the forest; I haven’t hunted since I went to see Lilith in the cell. I let my senses take over and my senses led me to a large herd of deers in the clearing a little bit farther north than I had anticipated. I snuck up behind one and sunk my fangs into the deer neck; even though I hated drinking from animals’ I had no time to hunt humans since I had to be in the church in less that four hours. I walked back to the house to come face to face with my mother, her hair was not in her usual wavy curls, but I wasn't used to seeing her hair flat-iron, my mother half dragged me into my bedroom and threw me in the chair; just when I was about to protest, my mother snarled at me so I sat there quietly while she pinned my hair up in a bun. Since my mom put a lot of pins in my hair and I knew it was drawing blood. While my mother was attending to my makes up all the nervousness I had earlier had returned and now I'm terrified to walk down the aisle; i wanted this day to be perfect, but somehow I know that today was going to be eventful and memorable good or bad. I just hope things goes as planned. When my mother was finished I didn't even recognize myself for a few minutes. While my mother went to fix her hair, I looked at my dress, it wasn’t as traditional as I hoped, but it was better than nothing. The off white lace gown with a empire waist without straps, its slim fitted through the bust, waist and hips. When I looked at the train of the dress, I knew if I messed up or trip than  my dress would be ruined. I maybe 14 years old but in vampire years I’m only 150 years of age. As I was putting on my dress, I got this very bad feeling which never lets me down; maybe I should call of the wedding.

However, when my dad arrive to pick up me, my bridesmaids and my mother; he was forty-five minutes late. I wasn’t going to be late for my own wedding; I ushered everyone out of the house so we could get there in thirty minutes. Since I was soon to be Queen, my mother thought it would be a great idea to have my wedding in one of the four royal families ballrooms. Upon arrival the fear of my mate rejecting me on one of the most precious days in my life is heart breaking, but I know that she has changed since the last few months. Everyone started to get into place as the song “Here comes the Bride” started; I looked at my father to see tears welled in his eyes refusing to fall, but I knew today was going to be the hardest days for him since he was giving away his daughter. Just as my father and I was walking down the aisle, I swore I could’ve felt I was being watched. Why would someone choose today to be a creep? I thought. The walls of the ballroom was a cream color that enhanced some of the fine accessories like the chandeliers that was covered in gold and old cyrillic symbols that matched my families crest. We stopped in front of the minister and my beloved, Anca took me away from my father as we faced the priest.