Chapter LIX

Listen to Breathe Again by Sara Bareilles for this chapter.

Cayden

I was able to track Hailey. I told Noah the plan and hopefully, it'll be successful. Since Noah, James, Logan and even Caleb offered to help, I have to at least grab the opportunity so that it'll be easier to catch Trevor and to save Hailey and her mom.

Amelia was left alone in the hospital together with her parents that will stay the night with her to keep her safe and sound, while on the other hand, I was still driving on the way. Following the GPS of where the location is but somehow, the location of Hailey's phone keeps on moving farther and farther, I need to get there soon as possible and fast.

I started driving fast at the speed of light. My phone starts ringing in the seat beside me. I took a quick glance at the caller ID and looked back on the road. My left hand is on the steering wheel and my other hand is trying to reach for the phone to answer the call.

"Hello?" I said as I put it on speaker and placed it on the seat beside me. "Noah? What's up?" I asked.

"It's the gang," He said as I scrunch my eyebrows. Gang? "What gang?" I asked

"Our old gang where Nolan is," Noah says.

"What's up with them?" I asked as I keep on driving.

"It looks like they are helping Trevor to kill Hailey and her mom," He says. "And James isn't coming with us. We haven't seen him since yesterday and we haven't heard anything from him."

"Forget about him," I said as I started driving faster. I didn't care whether the speed cameras are flashing, all that matters is I save Hailey and her mom. I don't want Trevor nor Nolan nor the old gang touch Hailey with their bare hands.

"Cayden, bro?" Noah asks

I grabbed my phone from the seat beside me and started turning on my location for Noah to track. Once I was done, I placed it back down on the seat beside me.

"I turned on my location. Grab the guys and start driving. Once you arrive at the location, find some spot to hide until I give you the go signal to enter the building," I said.

"Alright. Got you, bro. Drive safe!" Noah says before he ends the call.

***

I arrived at the location. The place seems a bit familiar and suddenly I remember, this is the same abandoned place that me and my old gang used to meet. We used to plan here before we start doing what Nolan wants us to do.

Before I start moving or doing anything. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and turned it into silent mode.

It seems like the owner of the abandoned building hasn't brought it down, yet.
I look to my left and at my right side first before entering. Once there were no signs of humans at sight, I started walking my way towards the abandoned building.

Once I walked my way towards the entrance, I look at my left and at my right, checking if there were any guys guarding and when I saw a huge, bald guy walking towards me. I moved a little farther and grabbed something on the concrete floor to throw and distract him.

I threw the rock on my left, the opposite side of where the stairs are located, which leads me to where Hailey and her mom is. Once the guy ran to follow the sound, I made my way to the stairs and started walking up fast and quietly.

When I made it at the first floor of the abandoned building, I hear a distant voice. I started following the voice and I hear a familiar voice, "Let's play a little game of death," The guy says. I hid on behind the wall and peeked over to where the voice is coming from and I saw Hailey tied up on the chair and her mom tied opposite her as Trevor stands in front of them, pointing his gun.