Chapter 4 - Morning at the guild

I woke up to sunlight hitting my face through the window. Happy was still snoring away on my stomach, I turned to see Gray snoring away on his bed. I decided to get up, carefully moving Happy onto the couch. I walked over to my hammock to check on Lucy.

She was snoring away 'still my Lucy' I thought shocked 'why did I think that?' I shook the thought out of my head when Gray woke up stretching and yawning. "Morning" I said to him and he replied "morning, Lucy still asleep?" "Yeah" I replied looking over to where she slept.

"When she wakes up we should go to the guild" Gray said and I agreed. Suddenly we hear the front door knock, we both tensed until we heard from the door "Gray? Natsu? It's me Mira." We relaxed opening the door to let Mira in, "what's wrong Mira?" Gray asked. "Nothing is wrong I just forgot to give you guys Lucy's stuff that we bought yesterday" Mira replied as she handed me the bag.

Her eyes suddenly sparkled when she notices Lucy's asleep. She walked over to where Lucy slept, "she's so cute!" she whispered to us then Lucy suddenly started to wake up. Lucy sat up rubbing her eyes then looked up at Mira "morning Aunty Mira" she said smiling.

Mira picked her up giving her a hug "morning Lucy" she said smiling. Holding her, Lucy turned to me and Gray smiling "morning Papa and Big Brother." We smiled back "morning Lucy" we both replied. Mira took Lucy into the other room changing her outfit.

Gray and I were waiting for the girls on the couch, Happy had woken up while we were waiting. After a few minutes, Lucy came walking out holding Mira's hand. She was wearing a white summer dress with a thick pink ribbon wrapped around her waist, tied into a bow at the back and on her feet were white sandals. Her hair was tied on her right side with a pink ribbon, in her usual hairstyle.

'So cute!' I thought, shaking the thought out of my head "ready to go to the guild Lucy?" I asked. "Yeah lets go!" she replied pulling Mira towards the door. We all left my house, Lucy held Mira's hand the whole way. When we arrived at the guild everyone greeted us as we walked to the bar. I helped Lucy onto the stool and sat beside her, Gray sat on the other side of her. Happy flew off to see Carla as soon as he saw her.

Mira walked around to behind the bar and asked "what do you want for breakfast Lucy?" "Bacon and eggs!" Lucy replied happily and Mira giggled. Gray and I ordered the same. After a few minutes of chatting Mira comes out with three plates of bacon and eggs. I asked Mira for some hot sauce and she got a bottle out of the cabinet handing it to me.

I was pouring the hot sauce over my meal when Lucy asked "Papa can I try?" "Sure Lucy" I replied about to pour some on her plate when Gray stopped me "don't give her that Flame Breath!" "Why not Popsicle Princess?!" I replied as I glared at him. He glared back "she only a child!" he argued "so, I had hot sauce when I was a child" I retorted back. "Yeah well you're weird" he retorted back "what was that Ice Princess!" I shouted getting out of my seat, "wanna go ya Pyro" he shouted back getting out of his seat. Lucy stared at us as we argued, our foreheads clashed together saying insults to each other.

While we argued, Mira had distracted Lucy away from our fight, now she was eating her breakfast. "Would you like a drink Lucy?" Mira asked her, "strawberry milkshake please Aunty Mira" she replied, "coming right up" Mira said walking away.

We didn't notice Erza coming through the guild doors until a hand grab my hair another grabbed Gray's and our heads were smashed together. "Ow..." we both groaned, "didn't I tell you two not to fight" Erza said with a deadly aura surrounding her. Gray and I hugged each other out of fear "w-we're s-s-sorry Erza" we both stuttered.

"Good" was all she said then Lucy said "Aunty Erza!" running over to hug her, smiling. Erza blushed and then returned the hug smiling at her "how are you Lucy" she asked her. "I'm good Aunty Erza" Lucy replied as they broke the hug.

Levy came over hearing the commotion. "Hi Aunty Levy" Lucy greeted her with a hug. "Hi Lucy want to hang out with me for a bit?" Levy asked, "yeah! See you later Papa and Big Brother" Lucy replied walking away with Levy to one of the tables. "Big Brother?!" the guild exclaims and it was Gray's turn to glare at me and Gajeel for laughing at him. The guild then went back to what they were doing.

When Levy and Lucy were out of earshot Erza said "I asked Levy to take care of Lucy while we talk about the job for her rent." "We can't take Lucy with us, those guys might attack her again" Gray said. "I had a talk with Master, he and I agreed that Lucy should come with us" Erza said which shocked both Gray and I. "Why?!" we both exclaimed grabbing the guild's attention. "Go back to what you were doing" Erza said to the guild as they went back to what they were doing.

"Why?" we repeated quieter, "we are the strongest team in Fairy Tail, if we're not here they may try to take her" Erza replied. She was right, the Thunder Legion had left for a S-Class quest and no one can handle the twin Demons Slayers besides me, Gray and Erza. "If she was with us we could protect her" she added. We agreed to take Lucy with us on the bandit job and got Mira to approve the job.

"We leave tomorrow morning I will meet you at your place" Erza said leaving us to talk with Levy and Lucy. Gray and I suddenly notice that our food went cold and ordered more from Mira.

After breakfast, we walked over to where Erza, Levy and Lucy were. Erza was eating a piece of strawberry cake while Levy was reading to Lucy. "What story are you reading?" I asked sitting next to Lucy while Gray sat next to Erza. "The princess and her dragon" Levy replied showing me the book cover.

"What is it about?" I asked. She explained that it was about a princess escaped from her castle to explore the country, one day she was walking through the forest when she found a cave to spend the night. She didn't know that it was dragon's home. Coming back from hunting, the dragon found the girl in his cave, she explained her predicament to the dragon and the dragon let her spend the night. Spending some time with each other they become close. They become best friends and live happily ever after together.

After explaining, I asked Lucy "do you want to go on a job tomorrow with Papa?" "Yeah I want to go on a job with Papa!" she replied. "Makes you sound like a pervert Flame Brain" Gray snickered, "you're the pervert Stripper" I retorted. Before it escalated Erza hit us both in the head "no fighting, especially not in front of Lucy" she said, "a-aye" we both said back.