Chapter 34 - The Search

We had to travel part of the way by train and all the Dragon Slayers were sick. We were on our way to save Lucy. Before the train ride, I asked if we could run instead of taking the train. Sting agreed with me but Gray, Gajeel, Rogue and Laxus strongly disagreed. I sighed, upset that my idea was declined but this is for Lucy. I found the courage and walked quickly onto the train.

Everyone but Gray was sick, he was enjoying the ride as he looked out the window. 'I'm never taking a train ever again after this!' I thought, trying not to puke my brains out.

After hours of motion sickness torture, we finally got off the train. "Finally!" Sting and I cheered while Gray and Rogue rolled their eyes at us. "Lets go!" I said as I started running, only to be pulled back by Gray. "Let me go Ice Drool!" I exclaimed, "don't run off without us moron" he said. "We need to hurry up and save Lucy from those jerks!" I exclaimed as I tried to get out of his grip.

"It's not like I don't agree with you but you can't just run off on your own" Gray countered. "The more you argue is more time wasted. Lets go" Laxus said as he walked off. He was right so we all followed him towards the forest where Jellal told us.

We walked for hours trying to pick up on Lucy's scent with no luck. Eventually it became late, "we should set up camp" Laxus suggested. "What?! But we haven't found Lucy yet!" I said angrily, "Natsu, Laxus is right, we should rest and pick up the search tomorrow. We can't fight Sinister Spirit if we are all exhausted" Gray reasoned.

"You guys rest, I'm gonna go find Lucy" I said, about to walk off when Gray again pulled me back by my collar. "Stop doing that!" I exclaimed, trying to get out of his grip. "Just shut up and go to sleep. You're making my ears bleed" Gajeel said as he sat laying against a tree. "Don't you care about what might be happening to Lucy right this second" I said angrily. "We're all worried about Lucy right now. Let's just calm down and continue the search tomorrow" Sting said, easing the tension.

"Sting has a brain?" Rogue commented, "Rogue that's mean" Sting pouted. They continued to joke and argue with each while I quickly set up my bedding. Without talking to the others, I quickly fell asleep wanting to wake up early tomorrow to continue the search.

The next morning, the bright morning sunrise hit my face. I groaned as I opened my eyes. Once I realised it was morning I jumped up "IT'S MORNING!" I cheered when suddenly an iron club punched my face. I fell to the ground from the impact of the punch. "Ouch!" I exclaimed as I hold my cheek. "Shut up Salamander, I'm trying to sleep" Gajeel groaned, rolling over in his bed.

Everyone stirred in their sleep from the commotion. "What's going on?" Sting groaned, tiredly. "Salamander was shouting" Gajeel said grumpily, "it's too early" Sting said as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "It's morning so lets go search for Lucy!" I said excitedly, everyone seemed more awake once I mentioned Lucy. "Alright" Gray yawned as he got out of bed. Everyone followed suit and finally we were going to continue our search for Lucy.

Few hours into our search and we still couldn't pick up on Lucy's scent. "ARGH! Why can't we find Lucy's scent?!" I shouted in frustration. "Chill Natsu, we will find her" Gray said trying to comfort me. Still feeling frustrated I punched the nearest tree. Suddenly a loud boom noise came as I punched the tree. "What was that?!" Sting exclaimed, "it came from the tree" Laxus stated.

A murky fog slowly faded into existence around us, "where did this fog come from?" Gray asked. Suddenly I got a big whiff of strawberries and vanilla, "I can smell Lucy!" I exclaimed happily. "I can too" Sting muttered as he sniffed the air. "I see so it was a magic barrier" Laxus said, "what?" I asked, confused on what he was saying. "They used a magic barrier to hide themselves and their scent" Laxus explained.

"That explains why we couldn't find Lucy's scent earlier" Gajeel stated. "Good job for finding the magic barrier Natsu!" Sting said. "I-" I started saying until, "Flame Brain found it by accident" Gray interrupted while rolling his eyes. "We would've never found Lucy if it wasn't for me!" I argued with him. "Lets just go and find her" Rogue said, before a fight could kick up.

Agreeing with Rogue, we followed Lucy's scent. We soon arrived at a dark castle, "looks like we found our kidnappers" Sting stated. "Could it be any more creepy?" I asked, 'seriously they took a kid here?' I wondered. "You're right, why would they take a kid somewhere where they would be scared to death?" Gray said. Something clicked in my head, 'Lucy must be scared in there!' I thought.

I bolted towards the creepy castle, "wait Nat-" I heard Gray call out but it was too late. I kicked opened the castle doors and saw an old man sitting on a throne with a woman and Pearl on each side of him. "Nice of you to drop by Natsu Dragneel" the man greeted me with a smirk.

"Sigh, Natsu don't just charge in by yourself" Gray said behind me. "Oh and I see you brought some friends" the man said with a smile. "Where's Lucy?!" I shouted, "she's busy with Hell and Heaven at the moment so we will have to entertain you" he said as he stood up and removed his cloak. I was ready to leap into the fight but Laxus put a hand on my shoulder.

"You and Gray should go find Lucy, we'll handle them" he explained. I agreed, I hated the idea of Hell and Heaven being near my Lucy and I need to pay them back for taking her away from me. Gray and I nodded to each other and ran to a door that goes deeper into the castle.

"Ready for round two, Iron Lady?" Gajeel smirked at his opponent. "I've been waiting to fight you again" Pearl replied, returning the smirk. "So, you must be Vixen?" Sting asked, "yes, and you two must be the twin Dragon Slayers. This is going to be an interesting fight" Vixen stated. "Ready Sting?" Rogue asked, "of course" Sting replied with a smirk.

"Laxus Dreyar, the lightning Dragon Slayer and Grandson to the great Makarov Dreyar" Ares said. "Yeah so you know me, so what" Laxus replied, emotionlessly. "I'm glad you're my opponent because anyone else would've been boring" Ares snickered. "We wouldn't want that, would we?" Laxus replied as he threw his coat to the side.