Chapter 20 - The Miracle of Sound

Everyone sat in a circle in the room as Rogue came out of the kitchen with dinner. We had to eat on the floor as everyone couldn't fit around my small table. Lucy sat between me and Sting as we ate dinner, I had to admit Rogue's cooking is amazing. The only downside to dinner was Erza just had to sit between me and Gray.

"That was delicious Rogue" Erza complimented, "thank you" Rogue replied. Levy volunteered to help Rogue wash up the dishes while everyone else relaxed on the floor. Lucy sat on Sting's lap hugging her dragon plush as we talked. Rogue and Levy joined us as Erza was telling everyone about her S-Class quest.

Lucy was nodding off as it was getting late "I think it's time for bed" Levy spoke up. Sting lifted Lucy off his lap and carried her to the hammock. Although when he laid her on the hammock she sat back up looking directly at me. "What's wrong Lucy?" I asked, she got off the hammock and ran over to me. She grabbed my hand and started pulling me. I got up and followed her, she led me to the hammock. "You want me to sleep with you?" I asked and she nodded. I replied "alright" and laid down on the hammock, placing her on my chest.

Lucy laid on her stomach, holding her dragon plush with one arm and closed her eyes, smiling. Soon I could feel her breathing slow down, letting me know she's fallen asleep. I pulled a blanket over both of us and turned my attention away from Lucy to everyone else. Everyone looked at me weirdly, "what?" I asked curiously, "awww, how cute" Levy said happily.

Soon everyone set their beds on the floor and went to sleep. I stayed awake while petting Lucy's head as she slept. I thought about all the events that happened recently. 'Why do they want Lucy?' 'Will Lucy stay like this forever?' These questions were swimming in my head.

"What's wrong Ash for Brains?" I heard Gray's voice from beside the hammock. I turned to look at him and then looked down to Lucy. "Do you think Lucy will stay like this forever?" I asked, "of course not, we'll defeat this enemy like every other enemy we've faced" Gray replied. 'Yeah, Fairy Tail can handle anything that is thrown our way' I thought. "Yeah, thanks Ice Princess" I replied, feeling like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. "What was that?" Gray asked smirking, "nothing" I retorted and turned my head away from him, falling asleep.

The next morning, I opened my eyes to see Lucy's face blocking my whole view. I jumped in surprised, "oh, morning Lucy" I said sitting up a little. She smiled at me, "I guess your voice hasn't returned" I said and she frowned, shaking her head. I looked around to see everyone up and ready. The smell of bacon and eggs flowed through the room.

"Finally, I thought you'll never wake up" Gray snickered and I glared at him. Suddenly I noticed Sting sitting in the corner sulking, "what's wrong with him?" I asked, pointing at Sting. "Sting wanted to play with Lucy this morning but she wouldn't leave you" Levy explained, giggling.

I chuckled and then Lucy hugged my neck, trying to hide her face. I patted her head as we hugged. Suddenly Rogue came out of the kitchen, "breakfast is ready" he said. I perked up when I heard him mentioning food. Lucy got off me and ran over to the bathroom to wash her hands. "Ha looks like food is more important than you Lava Drool" Gray said, "I'm more important that you Frosty!" I exclaimed, jumping out of the hammock. "Boys?" we felt the devil behind us but luckily, we were saved by Lucy as she walked in the room.

"Lucy, after breakfast I have an outfit for you to wear" Erza said, Lucy smiled and nodded. Everyone sat on the floor again and we all agreed Lucy can use the table so she doesn't spill anything on her clothes.

After breakfast, Erza and Levy took Lucy into the bathroom to change. When they came out of the bathroom Lucy was wearing a pink floral dress with a yellow ribbon wrapped around her waist forming a bow on the left side of her waist. She wore yellow slip-on shoes and had a white flower crown on her head.

Lucy ran up to me, "doesn't she look cute boys?" Levy asked. "You look really pretty Lucy" I said, smiling and all the boys nodded in agreement. Lucy smiled at the complement, jumping up and down, clapping her hands. She ran up to Erza and Levy, hugging both of them as a thank you before running back to me.

"Ready to go to the guild Lucy?" I asked, she took my hand and nodded happily, smiling. We left my house and walked towards the guild as a big group. When we entered the guild, everyone greeted us and we went our separate ways inside the guild.

Happy, Frosch and Lector went to talk to Carla and Lily. Levy sat with Jet and Droy, Gajeel sat on his own and Erza went to the bar to order a strawberry shortcake. Gray, Sting, Rogue and I decide to sit at a table together with Lucy. Sting placed Lucy on his lap as he sat down in his seat.

"I had an awesome dream last night! I didn't get motion sickness and I could fly like a dragon" I spoke up happily. "Why do we care?" Gray said, "you're not a Dragon Slayer so you wouldn't understand" I retorted. "I don't need to be a Dragon Slayer to understand" he argued. We stood beside the table arguing with our forehead clashed together.

"I've had enough of this! Ice Make: Slide" he chanted making ice flow under me to the far wall behind me. "What the?" I said looking at the ice underneath me. I didn't understand what he was trying to do until he pushed me hard. I slipped and slide across the ice until I crashed into the wall.

Lucy giggled, "Papa is funny!" she said laughing. Everyone stood frozen and shocked, I ran over to her and quickly picked her up "you can talk again Lucy!" I exclaimed happily. "Now I understand what Gramps meant" I said and everyone facepalmed.