Chapter 24 - I'm gonna kill that Ice Popsicle!

I woke up in a daze, the sun light hitting the window indicating that it's morning. 'What happened and why am I on the floor?' I wondered. "You're awake!" Happy said flying over to me. "Happy, why did I sleep on the floor?" I asked, "don't you remember?" he replied.

I thought hard, I remember Gray saying something about taking Lucy to his place before punching me in the stomach. "I'M GONNA KILL THAT ICE POPSICLE!" I exclaimed remembering the events of last night. "WHERE IS HE?!" I said looking around. "He might be at the guild now" Happy answered. As soon as I heard that Gray might be at the guild, I ran straight towards the guild. Happy followed, flying beside me.

As soon as I reached Fairy Tail, I kicked open the door. "Gray!" I shouted looking around the guild for him. "Papa!" I heard Lucy say from the other side of the guild. I looked towards her and saw her get off Gray's lap. She was about to run towards me but Gray picked her up, "wait a minute Lucy" he said as he held her. He gave her to Rogue "hold on to her" he said before walking over to me. I was really annoyed at this point, he was keeping Lucy away from me.

"Why are you keeping my Lucy away from me?!" I shouted angrily. I swear I heard some of the girls whispering specifically Levy, Mira and Lisanna. Although my attention stayed on Gray. "Didn't you hear what I said before? You are a bad influence on Lucy" he retorted.

I ignite my fist and leaped at Gray. "Ice Make: Shield" he chanted making a shield out of ice in front of him. I punched his shield making his ice shield into little ice cubes. Lucky Erza wasn't here or she would have killed us. "Stop hiding and fight me!" I shouted, "I'm clearly not hiding you idiot!" he retorted. "Lucy!" I heard Rogue and Sting say in the background and before I could throw another punch at Gray, Lucy ran in between us with tears in her eyes.

"Please stop! Please stop fighting!" she shouted as she started to cry. "Oh, Lucy" Mira said with a sad expression on her face. I extinguished my fist feeling bad for making Lucy cry. In my defence, Gray was the one who started it and it's half his fault. We're lucky Erza isn't here to see us fighting and Lucy crying. Gray and I would definitely be dead by now.

I looked over at Gray and I'm sure he is feeling as bad as I am. I kneeled down beside Lucy, "I'm sorry Lucy, please don't cry" I begged. "I'm sorry too Lucy" Gray said kneeling on the other side of her. She stopped crying but was still sniffling "say sorry to each other" she sniffled. I sighed, "I'm sorry Gray" I said holding my fist out, "I'm sorry too Natsu" he said returning my fist bump.

Lucy had a small smile as she hugs me. I pat her back as I picked her up. I noticed everyone was staring at us. I shrugged my shoulders as we walked to the table where Sting and Rogue were. "Lucy don't scare us like that again" Rogue said as we sat down at the table, Lucy sat on my lap. "What do you mean?" I asked, "she struggled out of Rogue's arms just to stop your fight, we were worried she might get hurt" Sting explained.

"I'm sorry Big Brother Rogue and Big Brother Sting" Lucy said apologetically, looking down. "It's alright as long as you don't do it again" Sting said and Rogue nodded. Lucy looked up and nodded happily.

Lucy was telling me what happened after I was knocked out by Gray. "I'm jealous you had crepes" I pouted, Lucy giggled "I want a crepe with Papa" she said happily. "Lets get some crepes on the way home" I suggested, "yay!" she cheered. "Make sure you eat your dinner" Rogue spoke up, "I will Big Brother Rogue!" Lucy replied happily. "You sound like a mother" Sting joked, Rogue decided to ignore his comment.

"Hey Lucy!" Levy called out walking towards us with Gajeel following. "Big Sister Levy, Big Brother Gajeel!" Lucy said getting out of my lap, running towards them. She gave Levy a tight hug before running up to Gajeel. "Big Brother Gajeel! Big Brother Gajeel!" she said jumping up and down in front of him. "Hey Squirt" Gajeel said rubbing her head. Lucy then raises her hands in the air "up please" she said. "No way" Gajeel quickly rejected which made Lucy pout. "Come on Gajeel" Levy insisted, he thought about it for a second before picking Lucy up. Gajeel looked uninterested as Lucy played with his hair.

I suddenly felt a bit hungry and noticed it should be around lunch time. I was about to leave to the bar, but before I left the table "do you want anything for lunch Lucy?" I asked. "A sandwich please Papa" Lucy replied, continuing to play with Gajeel's hair. "I'll come with you to order for me and Rogue" Sting said standing up, "do you want anything Gray?" Sting added. "I'll have a sandwich too, same as Lucy" Gray replied. "Gajeel and I already had lunch" Levy mentioned.

I went up to the bar with Sting and we relayed the orders to Mira. "Alright, I'll bring it to you in a bit" she replied and then we went back to our seats. It wasn't long until Mira came over to our table with the food we ordered. "Thanks for the wait" she said as she placed the food on the table. "Enjoy" Mira said turning around, "oh I almost forgot" she said turning back at our table. "After you finish your sandwich Lucy, I have a special dessert for you" she winked. "Really Aunty Mira?!" Lucy exclaimed happily, "really" Mira confirmed, giggling before walking back to the bar.

Lucy suddenly starting eating her sandwich quickly, almost as quickly as me. "Lucy slow down" Gray warned, "sorry Big Brother" she replied then ate her sandwich more slowly. "See what I mean, she's learning your bad habits" Gray said glaring towards me. "How is it my fault?!" I argued, returning the glare. "She's learning from example" Gray retorted pointing at me. Before our fight could escalate, "Papa? Big Brother? Are you fighting again?" Lucy asks with tears in her eyes. "We're not fighting are we Gray?" I asked, "no just a simple disagreement" Gray replied.

As Lucy finishes her sandwich, the guild doors suddenly slammed open to reveal The Thunder Legion.