Chapter 12 - Life with Sting and Rogue

Lucy's POV

We arrived at Big Brother Rogue's and Big Brother Sting's home as the sun was setting. They lived together in a three bedroom house, Froggy shared a room with Rogue while Lector shared with Sting. As soon as we walked into the house, Froggy and Lector gave me a tour of the house.

Our tour finished as Froggy and Lector showed me the guest bedroom upstairs, where I would be staying. The walls were white and wooden floorboards made up the whole floor. A double bed stood against the wall with light grey sheets. A nightstand was on either side of the bed with a single lamp on each. Next to the dresser, a full-size mirror stood in the corner.

"Like the room?" Lector asked, "yeah" I replied then Sting came into the room. "Here's your stuff Lucy" he said placing the bag full of my stuff next to the dresser. "Thank you, Big Brother Sting" I replied and I saw a small blush form on his cheeks. "Do you have a fever Big Brother Sting?" I asked, he just smiled, "no, no, no I'm fine!" he replied. "The great Sting Eucliffe would never be taken down by a measly fever" Lector boasted. "Frosch agrees" Froggy said, "that's right!" Sting said proudly.

We went down to the lounge room, waiting for Rouge to make dinner. "Dinner's almost ready, go wash your hands" Rogue said as he came into the room. Sting, Froggy, Lector and I went to the bathroom to wash our hands, Sting had to hold me up for my hands to reach the tap. We arrived at the dining table and plates of curry with rice were served. "Thank you for the food" we prayed before eating our delicious meal.

After dinner, we ate ice cream for dessert and then sat together in the lounge room. "Come sit with me Lucy" Sting said as he sat me on his lap, wrapping his arms around me. While everyone was having a lively conversation, my mind wondered to Papa, Big Brother and Kitty. Were they safe? "Are you ok Lucy?" Rogue asked noticing my sad expression. "Yeah, I'm ok Big Brother Rogue" I replied, "you worried about Natsu and the others?" Sting asked and I nodded.

"Natsu and the others are strong, so don't worry" Sting said smiling at me. 'Big Brother Sting is right!' I thought then returned a smile and a nodded. Suddenly I let out a big yawn, "time for bed" Sting said standing up, holding me. Sting carried me towards my bedroom, followed by Rogue, Froggy and Lector.

Sting placed me on the bed and tucked me into bed. "Goodnight Lucy" Sting said patting my head, Rogue did the same after him. "Good night Big Brother Sting and Big Brother Rogue" I replied.

Froggy and Lector jumped onto the bed and laid down on each side of me. "We are going to sleep with Lucy, so she isn't lonely" Lector told Sting and Rogue. "Frosch agrees" Froggy said, "alright, goodnight" Sting replied. "Goodnight" Froggy, Lector and I replied. After Sting closed the bedroom door, we said goodnight to each other and then fell into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning when I woke up, I sat up and noticed that Lector had left while Froggy was still asleep beside me. Suddenly the door slowly opened revealing Rogue, "good morning Lucy" he said. "Good morning Big Brother Rogue" I said as I rubbed my eyes.

"Breakfast is ready" he said and then woke Froggy up. "Morning Rogue" Froggy yawned, "morning Frosch" Rogue replied. Froggy and I followed Rogue down stairs where Sting and Lector were waiting at the table. "Morning Lucy, how was your sleep" Sting greeted as we entered the room. "Good morning Big Brother Sting, I had a good sleep, thank you" I replied smiling.

Once I sat down at the table, Rogue place a plate of pancakes with pieces of strawberries inside, topped with maple syrup and whipped cream. "This looks yummy!" I said happily and Rogue wore a small smile.

We had a lively conversation while we ate our pancakes. After breakfast, I thanked Rogue for the pancakes, "why can't you do that?" Rogue said towards Sting. "What are you talking about?" Sting said clueless, Rogue just rolled he eyes and went to wash the dishes. "Don't ignore me!" Sting exclaimed, "idiot" Rogue replied and I laughed at their exchange.

I went into my room to get changed. I chose a simple blue dress, I slipped into it with some blue flats. I couldn't do my hair so I left my room and found Rogue on the couch in the lounge room. "Something wrong Lucy?" he said as I entered into the room. I held my ribbon and hairbrush up to him, "I can't do my hair" I replied.

"Come here" he replied, picking me up and placing me into his lap. He took my hairbrush out of my hand and started brushing my hair. It felt nice having him brush my hair. Sting came into the room as Rogue was brushing my hair.

"Never thought I would see the day when Rogue is brushing a little girl's hair" he joked and laughed. Rogue threw my hairbrush at him and hit Sting directly in the head. "Ah!" Sting exclaimed while Rogue tied my ribbon in my hair in my usual hairstyle. "That hurt Rogue" Sting said rubbing his forehead, "you deserved it" Rogue replied.

"All done Lucy" Rogue said to me, "thank you Big Brother Rogue" I replied getting off his lap. "Where are Froggy and Lector?" I asked, "they went to the guild" Sting replied. "Without us?" I asked, "we're going to the markets with you to get you a onesie" Sting answered.

I started jumping up and down with excitement, "I forgot!" I exclaimed. I grabbed Sting's hand and dragged him to the door. "Come on Big Brother Rogue!" I shouted, "I'm coming" he said following us with a small smile on his face.