Chapter 7 - Race

When I came to, after Erza knocked me out, and I noticed someone was giving me a piggyback ride. I soon noticed it was a guy with raven hair and no shirt, Gray. Before I could say a word, he seemed to have noticed that I woke up and purposely dropped me.

"Ow... what was that for Pervy Popsicle?!" I yelled at him, "you can use your damn legs Dragon Boy" he retorted. "It's not my fault Erza knocked me out!" I argued back, "she wouldn't have had to do that if you didn't complain about your damn motion sickness!" he argued back.

"What did I say about fighting and in front of Lucy!" Erza said angrily with a huge dark aura. Gray and I hugged each other for dear life, we were so dead. Weirdly we were saved by Lucy's crying, "waaaaah, Aunty Erza is mad at Papa and Big Brother" she cried. Erza panicked, "I'm sorry Lucy everything's alright" she said kneeling down hugging her, "right boys" she looked at us sternly. "Right" we both replied smiling and Lucy stopped crying.

"Where are we?" I asked looking around seeing forest around us. Erza and Gray explained that we got off at Hargeon and now we were walking through the forest towards Crocus. While we walked Lucy held my hand.

Later that day, Gray and I decided to race each other. Lucy wanted to join in, so it was the three of us racing. Happy agreed to follow next to Lucy in case she was left behind. Our goal was a rock about 200 metres away.

"Ready, set, GO!" Happy shouted and the three of us were off. Gray and I bolted off, being very competitive against each other, although Lucy wasn't able to keep up with our speed.

When we reached the finish line, we tied. "I won!" I cheered, "are you blind Dragon Breath, I clearly won?!" he retorted back. We clashed heads as Lucy and Happy caught up with us. "What if we had another race to determine the winner" Happy suggested, Gray and I agreed.

We chose a large tree in the distance as our next finish line. Lucy, Gray and I lined up then Happy shouted "Ready, set, GO!" Gray and I bolted off again leaving Lucy behind when suddenly a flash of blue, yellow and pink flew past us. We immediately stopped, looking into the distance on what the hell that thing was and saw, "Lucy and Happy!" we both exclaimed.

Gray and I caught up to them as they were on the floor laughing their heads off. "You two cheated" we pouted, "you could have gone easy on Lucy, she can't run as fast as you two" Happy argued. "I was only running fast to beat Ice Clown here" I said "and I wanted to beat Fire Breather" Gray said. "Wanna go Ice Stripper?!" I shouted at him, "yeah I wanna go ya Pyro!" he retorted back.

Lucy started crying again which caught our attention, "please don't fight Papa and Big Brother, I don't want Aunty Erza to get mad again" she said sniffling.

Now we were the ones panicking, "we're sorry please don't cry" I told her kneeling to hug her. She stopped crying and hugged me back "she's got you two wrapped around her little finger" Happy said trying to contain his laughter.

"Shut up Happy!" Gray and I said at the same time. Soon Erza caught up with us with her trailer and we continued on our journey. Lucy became tired from all the walking and running so I gave her a piggyback ride. While carrying her, she would giggle every time I bounced her on my back.

We had walked the whole day and when the sun started to set, we decided to set up camp for the night. Gray and Erza set up the tent while Happy and I went to collect firewood. Lucy played near Gray and Erza while they set up the tent, where they can see her.

"Natsu, I wonder when Lucy will turn back to normal?" Happy asked me while picking up some sticks. "I wonder too little buddy, when I see those two Demon Slayers I'm gonna beat some answers out of them" I replied with determination. "Come on lets get back" I continued holding a pile of branches, "aye" Happy replied.

Lucy greeted us as we arrived back to camp. "Papa! Kitty!" she said happily running up to me. I walked over to the middle of our campsite with Lucy and Happy following. Setting the branches down I started the fire with my magic.

Once our campsite was set up, Lucy sat on my lap as we waited for our fish to cook. Everyone talked about random things while eating our cooked fish dinner. When it was time for bed, Lucy's bed was in between me and Gray. I tucked her into bed like every night and pet her head soothing her to sleep. Everyone else went to sleep once Lucy was asleep.

I was dreaming about all my adventures with Lucy when I got woken up by a muffled scream. Quickly I woke up and turned to see Hell kneeling over Lucy, covering her mouth with his hand while his other hand holding both her arms to stop her from struggling. Everyone else was asleep, I was the only one who heard her scream because of my Dragon Slayer hearing. I grabbed his arm that was covering her mouth and burnt his arm with my magic. He pulled back in pain standing up, waking up the others. Before any of us could do anything, he disappeared into a shadow.

"Are you ok Lucy?" I asked with concern, she burst into tears and hugged me tightly. "What happened?!" Gray and Erza asked, I explained what just happened while hugging Lucy. "That bastard!" Gray exclaimed and then got up out of bed "I'll keep watch in case they come back" he continued as he walked out of the tent.

Lucy kept crying into my chest as I pat her head trying to comfort her. "Shhh, it's ok now" I whispered, "I was so scared, thank you for saving me Papa" she replied quietly. After a few minutes, Lucy fell asleep exhausted from crying. I hugged her close before falling asleep myself.