Chapter 10 - Mission

At the door Sting had a proud smile on his face while Rogue had his usual emotionless expression. "Hey, Natsu!" Sting greeted me but I was still upset he was going to take my little Lucy away, even though it's only for a little while. "Hey Sting and Rogue" I said coldly. "What's wrong with him?" Sting asked to no one in particular. "He's probably upset because you're taking Lucy with you" Gray smirked at my reaction.

"Oh, that explains everything" Sting replied with a grin. "Papa, who are these men?" Lucy asked shyly from behind my legs. Before I could answer, Rogue kneeled in front of her "my name is Rogue and the idiot there is Sting" Rogue introduced himself and earned a "hey!" from Sting about the idiot remark. Lucy giggled from Sting's reaction.

"It's nice to meet you, Rogue and Sting" she said as she came out from behind my legs. I knelt down and said "Papa is going on a job and I'll be back as soon as I can, ok?" She nodded and I patted her head smiling.

I then picked her up and handed her to Rogue. "Keep her safe" I glared at Sting, "why are you only glaring at me?!" Sting exclaimed. Rogue smacked the back of Sting's head while holding Lucy, "because you're the idiot between us" Rogue retorted. "That's mean Rogue" Sting pouted making Lucy laugh. "Bye Papa, bye Big Brother!" Lucy said waving, Gray and I waved back.

As Sting and Rogue left the guild with Lucy, I couldn't help but feel down. "Missing her already Flame Brain?" he said and I didn't have the energy to argue so I ignored him.

"Listen up! We are leaving tomorrow morning get your things packed tonight" Erza said and everyone except me said "aye!" After we discussed details about the mission, I laid my head on the bar counter sulking.

"Don't worry Natsu the sooner we finish the mission, the sooner we can pick Lucy up from Sabertooth" Happy said to cheer me up. "You're right little buddy" I said lifting my head off the counter and smiling. I felt determined to finish the mission, the sooner the better so I can see Lucy again. 'Wait for Papa Lucy!' I thought. "Lets go home Happy" I said getting off the stool and running towards the doors. "Aye!" Happy replied following me, we soon arrived at my house, thanks to my running.

I notice that Lucy's stuff had been cleared up, I remember Mira gave Rogue a bag of Lucy's stuff. 'Mira must have packed up Lucy's stuff' I thought. The house felt empty now that Lucy isn't here. "Natsu?" Happy spoke up breaking my train of thought. "What's up buddy?" I said with a smile, "nevermind" he replied.

After dinner we went to bed early, it took me a while to fall asleep. Tossing and turning in my hammock where Lucy's scent lingers. I took a big sniff of her scent from the pillow, nulling me to sleep.

I woke up from my deep sleep and ate breakfast with Happy before meeting everyone at Magnolia station. When everyone was accounted for, Erza left to buy the tickets. Gray and I had our usual argument, throwing insults at each other. We broke our argument up as we saw Erza walking back to where we were.

"Lets go, lets go" I ushered everyone onto the train. "Who are you and what have you done with Natsu?" Gray said shocked. I looked around and it wasn't just Gray, everyone wore a shocked expression on their face, I can understand why though. Me, a Dragon Slayer who has motion sickness, is wanting to go on a moving vehicle.

"I want to finish this mission" I said, the conversation came to a stop when the train started to move. All the Dragon Slayers, except Wendy, immediately felt sick, turning green. The train ride was a nightmare as usual. When we got to Oshibana station, I leaped off the train cheering. "Natsu's back" Gray said walking off the train.

"Shut up Popsicle" I replied, "what did you say, Fire Ball?!" he retort. Before we could argue Gajeel stepped between us, "break it up you two" he said casually. Erza came over to us after picking up her trailer of stuff, "lets go" she said.

After walking for hours, we arrived at the village "the Magic Council said they evacuated all the villagers" Erza stated. "Good, no villagers will be hurt" Wendy said looking around. "Where is the monster though?" I asked impatiently, looking around. "We need to wait until the monster shows up" Erza said.

"What! I can't wait for the monster to appear!" I exclaimed. "Why not?" Erza replied glaring at me, but before I could answer "he wants to see Lucy" Gray smirked. "Shut up Brain Freeze! I don't trust Sabertooth with Lucy!" I retorted.

"Master was the one who made the decision so we should trust in his decision" Erza said. I was about to object but kept my mouth shut because of Erza's scary glare.

We suddenly heard a loud howl, all the Dragon Slayers covered their ears. "So loud" Wendy shouted over the howl. When the howling stopped, we turned to see a ten-foot light grey wolf. The wolf breathed fire on the empty houses, "finally!" I said with my signature grin. "Lets go Happy!" I shouted, "aye sir!" he replied grabbing the back of my vest. We flew towards the wolf and I punched its face with my Fire Dragon Iron Fist.

The wolf got pushed back by my punch. It turned it's head towards me and growled. It leaped at me, and Happy pulled me out of the way. While it's attention was set on me, "Ice Make: Cannon!" Gray chanted. His magic hit the wolf dead on, knocking it back. We didn't even make a single scratch on the wolf.

Suddenly the wolf howled, soon four more wolves joined the wolf we were fighting. 'This is going to take a while, wait for me Lucy' I thought as a wolf charged at me.