Chapter 13 - Pearl

Lucy's POV

As we left the house, heading towards the markets, Sting picked me up and placed me on his shoulders. I played with his hair as he walked and Rogue walked beside us.

I heard "look at those cute siblings" from a stranger as we walked. I smiled and continued to play with Sting's hair. "We're here" Sting said, I looked up and saw busy market stalls everywhere. We walked through the crowd looking at the different stalls on display.

Sting found a store that sells onesies, he took me off his shoulders and held me up in his arms. "See anything you like Lucy?" Sting asked, I looked at the selection of onesies and one caught my eye. "That one" I said as I pointed to a pink dragon onesie. Rogue took it off the rack as Sting placed me on the floor. I tried on the onesie with the help of Rogue and the onesie fit snuggly. I took off the onesie and Rogue took it up to the counter to pay for it.

When we exited the shop, I put on the onesie and we left the markets. Rogue carried me as we walked to the guild. We were walking down an empty street when the two Demon Slayers stood a little way away in front of us. I trembled in fear, "what's wrong Lucy" Rogue asked noticing me trembling in his arms. I hid my face in Rogue's neck hugging him tightly.

"Look Heaven, little Lucy has new guardians" Hell said with a smirk on his face. Sting and Rogue quickly turned their heads to him, "are these the guys who are after you?" Rogue asked quietly. I nodded slightly then Sting and Rogue glared at the two Demon Slayers. "I've always wondered who would win a fight, a Dragon Slayer or a Demon Slayer" Hell smirked unfazed by Sting's and Rogue's glare.

"Rogue, take Lucy back to the guild, I'll hold them off" Sting said cracking his knuckles. "Are you sure?" Rogue asked, "yeah I'm the awesome Sting Eucliffe!" Sting boasted confidently. Rogue turned me and himself into a shadow and we ran from the scene as a shadow. "I can do that too" Hell smirked and turned himself into a shadow, following behind us. Sting tried attacking the shadow but missed, "damn" he said and turned his attention towards Heaven.

Rogue and I came out of the shadow when Rogue found an empty alleyway. He hid me behind him as he faced Hell. "I don't want to get yelled at from the boss again so hand over little Lucy" Hell said. "No way" Rogue replied standing in a fighting stance in front of me.

"Go hide Lucy" Rogue said quietly before charging at Hell. I ran over and hid behind a crate a little way from their fight. Rogue and Hell looked evenly matched, attacking each other with similar attacks. 'Come on Big Brother Rogue!' I thought.

"I wonder what that Fire Dragon Slayer will say when I take little Lucy from him when he's not here" Hell said while dodging Rogue's Shadow Dragon Iron Fist. "I won't let that happen" Rogue replied while dodging Hell's Shadow Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist.

Suddenly arms grabbed me around the waist picking me up. A woman I didn't know had picked me up, "stranger danger!" I yelled as I struggled in her arms. "You can't retrieve one child, Hell?" she said ignoring my shouting, I continued to struggle in her arms. "Lucy!" Rogue shouted, noticing I've been captured.

"Sorry Pearl" Hell replied, the woman was dressed in a body suit of armour, her long brown wavy hair was tied back in a pony tail. Her green eyes scared me as she bore her eyes at Hell. Getting an idea, I bit her arm holding me and she dropped me, "ow, you little brat!" she exclaimed. Before I could run away she grabbed my upper arm tightly. I screamed in pain and tried to struggle out of her grip. "You're not getting away little brat" she said glaring at me.

Out of nowhere, she was hit by some black lightning. She let go of her grip on me as she flew sideways into a wall. I turned to the source and saw Orga and Rufus standing there, in the distance Rogue was still fighting Hell. I ran towards Orga and Rufus, "are you ok Lucy?" Rufus asked me while picking me up and I nodded.

Rufus, Orga and I looked towards where Pearl was but as the smoke cleared, she was nowhere to be found. "A Dragon Slayer and a God Slayer is too much for me to handle on my own, see ya later little Lucy" Hell said before he turned into a shadow and disappeared.

"Down please" I asked Rufus and he put me on the floor. As soon as my feet touched the ground, I ran to Rogue, he turned to me and kneeled. "Big Brother Rogue!" I called out to him and tackled him in a hug.

When we broke the hug, he removed my onesie and inspected at my arm. I looked at where he was looking and saw a huge bruise where Pearl grabbed me. "We need to bandage that, I'm sorry that you got hurt" Rogue said looking guilty while carefully running his fingers over the bruise. I shook my head, "Big Brother Rogue protected me" I said giving him another hug.

Rogue smiled and we broke the hug. He helped me put my onesie back on and picked me up. He then turned towards Rufus and Orga, "how did you get here?" Rogue asked. "We heard some commotion was going on and we sense magic energy here that lead to you" Orga answered. "I'm glad you came when you did" Rogue said with a small smile. Suddenly, Sting ran around the corner, "is Lucy ok?!" he shouted, panting.

Sting saw I was fine in Rogues arms and sighed in relief, "what happened?" he asked. "We'll explain later, lets go" Rogue said walking out of the alleyway while holding me. "When did you guys get here?" Sting asked when he noticed Orga and Rufus. "Idiot" Rogue said while rolling his eyes and I giggled.