Chapter 5 - Sense of smell

We left the guild after lunch, we said bye to everyone as we walked out of the guild. On the way home, Lucy was holding Gray's and my hand when Gray spoke up "we should go to the market to stock up on food." "I forgot I ran out of food" I say face palming myself, "idiot" Gray mumbled. I wanted to fight Popsicle Breath but Lucy was here so I gave him a glare and he returned the glare. "Is Papa and Big Brother fighting?" Lucy asked curiously "no we're not, right Ice Princess" I lied, looking over to him. "Right, Flame Brain" he replied, Lucy seemed happy with our answer and soon we arrived at the markets.

Gray and I decided to split up, Happy, Lucy and I will get the meat while Gray gets the fruit and vegetables. Gray insisted that we needed fruit and vegetables, I always just buy meat. Lucy and I were holding hands as we got to the butcher, I bought large amounts of beef, chicken and pork.

As we were walking back to the meeting place, that we discussed earlier, I smelt Hell and Heaven. I silently growled, I could tell they were together a few blocks away. I quickened my pace through the crowded street, soon I saw Gray up ahead standing at our meeting point. He could tell from my expression that something was wrong.

"I smelt the twin Demon Slayers nearby" I whispered to Gray, "we should take Lucy to the guild" he whispered back and I nodded. "What's wrong Papa?" Lucy asked me worryingly "nothing's wrong we're going back to the guild ok?" I lied, smiling to reassure her. "Ok Papa" she replied smiling back, we then set off to the guild as Gray and I watched our surrounding with Lucy in between us. Happy asked what was happening so I whispered the situation to him. I told him to go ahead and warn the guild. He saluted saying "aye sir!" before flying quickly to the guild.

Luckily, we arrived at the guild with no problems, Erza came running up to us "Happy told us what's happening." I picked up Lucy, "we'll leave Lucy in your care while we go after them" I told her handing her Lucy and the groceries. Erza held Lucy nodding her head in understanding. "Where are you going Papa? Big Brother?" Lucy asked sadly, "we are going to meet up with some people" I semi-lied to her, "don't worry we'll be back soon" I added patting her head. "Ok" she replied with a small smile then Gray and I ran off. I looked back and saw Lucy waving us goodbye and we waved back.

I followed the scent to an open field in the woods, Gray following me. In the middle of the field was the twin Demon Slayers, Hell was smirking at us while Heaven had his usual expressionless face.

"Wow you were right Brother, Dragon Slayers really do have amazing sense of smell" Hell said to his brother, snickering towards me. "Up for round two?" Gray said as we both stood in a fighting stance. "Oh, they want a fight, Brother" Hell said to Heaven, "and after we kick your butts, we'll take sweet little Lucy away from you" he continued to us, laughing.

Gray and I became angry at his remark, I burst into flames as Gray's Demon Slayer mark appeared on his body. He chanted "Ice Make: Cannon!" his ice cannon shot massive amount of ice magic at the twin Demon Slayers. They dodged our attack splitting up taking us on one-on-one. Hell aimed his Shadow Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist at me, I cross my arms in front of me blocking his attack. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" I returned the punch, punching him on the right side of his face.

Heaven was going one-on-one with Gray, "Light Devil's Rage!" Heaven chanted to which Gray counted with his own. "Ice Devil's Rage!" he chanted, both magic collided with each other cancelling each other out. Gray then used his Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist at Heaven who at the last second disappeared in a flash of light. Gray punched the air where Heaven was a second ago, he turned his head to see Heaven moved behind him, punching him in the back. He groaned in pain.

"Gray!" I called out to him, "worry about your own damn fight, idiot" he replied getting up. Hell and I were exchanging punches and kicks hitting each other. I jumped way from him, "Fire Dragon Roar!" I chanted hitting him dead on. "AH!" he groaned laying on the ground.

I turned to see how Gray was doing and he just punched Heaven on the right side of his face. He was knocked to the floor next to his brother. We were panting and they got back up like nothing happened. Hell spoke up "well that was fun," he said cheerfully, "lets do this again another time" he continued. He put his hand on Heaven's shoulder and they both faded into a shadow and disappeared.

Knowing they were long gone, Gray and I fist bump each other. "You look bad" I said to Gray, "so do you" he retorted and we laughed. We walked back to the guild and as we reached the front door Lucy was there to greet us. "Papa! Big Brother!" she yelled running up to hug us. We both kneeled for the hug, she hugged both of us together and we hugged her back. When we broke the hug, Lucy grabbed our hands and dragged us into the guild.

All our guild mates crowded us asking what happened. We explained about the fight and how we won. After explaining, everyone cheered shouting "let's party!" "any excuse to party" Erza said next to us. I suddenly felt a few short tugs on my pants, I looked down to see Lucy tugging my pants. She then held her hands up saying "up please." I smiled as I picked her up, then she hugged my neck, 'she must have been worried, she's adorable' I thought.

Suddenly she yawned, "Papa I'm tired" she said to me, "go to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get home" I told her. She nodded, resting her head on my shoulder closing her eyes, soon she was in a peaceful sleep. Even with the loud guild she was able to sleep, I swear she had a small smile as she slept. 'She's become use to the guild already' I smiled at the thought.

I got Gray's attention, telling him that we were going home. We told Erza that we would see her tomorrow morning and said bye to our guild mates. Gray carried our groceries while I carried Lucy. Happy told us earlier that he would stay a bit longer and meet us back at our place.