Chapter 15 - Reunion

On our way back to the guild from the mission, I couldn't stop thinking about Lucy. As soon as the train stopped in Magnolia station, I ran through the streets of Magnolia towards the guild with Happy following me.

I slammed open the guild "is Lucy here?!" I shouted, everyone in the guild turned their attention to me. "Hi Natsu, welcome back! Lucy will be coming back this afternoon" Mira called out from the bar. I sulked as I sat down at the bar, I missed Lucy.

"What's wrong Natsu?" Mira asked, "he misses Lucy and damn it was a pain to listen to him go on about it on the way back" Gray answered as he entered the guild. "I didn't go on about it Ice Cube!" I exclaimed, "you definitely did Fire Clown!" Gray retorted. Out of nowhere, Erza came and hit both of us on the head "enough" she said firmly with a scary aura. "Y-yes m-ma'am" Gray and I both stuttered, hugging each other.

Erza and Gray left me and Happy at the bar, "can I have some hot chicken wings, Mira?" I asked. "Sure" Mira replied and left to the kitchen. It wasn't long until Mira placed a plate of hot chicken wings in front of me and a plate of raw fish in front of Happy.

As I was eating my lunch, I got a whiff of Lucy's scent coming from outside the guild. I jumped out of my seat, "I smell Lucy!" I shouted running towards the door. As I slammed open the doors, I saw Lucy being held by Rogue a little way away, "Lucy!" I shouted excitedly.

"Papa!" she said happily and she ran to me when Rogue put her down. I kneeled on the floor with my arms open and she happily tackles me into a tight hug. "I missed you so much Lucy" I said to her as we hugged, "I missed you too Papa" she replied. My heart fluttered at her words and I picked her up as we hugged.

I look over towards Rogue and see Sting on the floor, unconscious with blood dripping from his nose. "What happened to him?" I questioned Rogue, "don't worry about him" Rogue answered walking up to me. Rogue, Frosch, Lucy and I went inside the guild and left Lector to take care of Sting outside.

"Welcome back Lucy!" everyone in Fairy Tail greeted as I carried Lucy inside the guild. "I'm back everyone!" she replied smiling, 'I missed her smile' I thought with a small smile on my face.

As I was walking towards one of the tables, Gray came over "hey Lucy" he greeted. "Big Brother!" Lucy said happily which annoyed me. What annoyed me more was she opened her arms towards Gray and he took her off me into a hug. I unconsciously lit my clenched fists. "Calm down Flame Brain" Gray said, then I noticed what had happened and extinguished the flames on my fists.

We sat at an empty table and I placed Lucy sideways on my lap with my arms around her as Rogue sat across from me. Lucy was telling me and Gray about her time with Sting and Rogue when Sting finally joined us at the table. I noticed that their exceeds, Frosch and Lector were talking with Happy, Carla and Lily at another table.

As soon as Sting joined us, Rogue's face became serious "something happened while Lucy was staying with us" he said. I felt my heart dropped, "what happened?!" I exclaimed worriedly. Sting explained about the battle with Heaven and Hell, and about this new enemy working with them. Pearl was her name, I think.

I looked down at Lucy and at some point, she had fallen asleep in my arms. When they explained the part about Lucy being bruised badly by Pearl, I noticed the bandages on Lucy's arm. I felt my blood boil at the fact that someone hurt MY Lucy, and at Gray for calling me a 'dense idiot' for not noticing sooner.

Suddenly Sting said something shocking, "so since we found out more people are after Lucy, we decided we are going to be staying with you." It took me a minute to process what he just said. I shouted "WHAT!" and Gray put his hand over my mouth. His other hand pointed towards Lucy, who stirred a little in her sleep. I realised I almost woke her up as Gray removed his hand.

"Sorry" I mumbled, "why do you want to help us?" Gray asked Sting and Rogue. Weirdly, Sting and Rogue's faces had a tint of pink and they were both looking away with us. "We've became rather fond of Lucy over the time she stayed with us" Sting replied.

My arms unconsciously held Lucy closer to my body and she unconsciously grabbed my vest as she slept. 'She's adorable' I thought relaxing while I watched her sleep peacefully. "That's cute" Gray spoke up looking at Lucy, I glared at him "where are your clothes Gray?" "Ah!" he exclaimed looking at the scattered clothes he discarded beside the table.

"Natsu, you better take Lucy home" Mira said as she walked pass our table, carrying a few beers on a tray. "Alright, come on Happy" I said as I readjusted Lucy to have her sleep with her head on my shoulder and walked away from the table holding her. "Aye" Happy replied and flew beside me. Gray followed me and Happy with his hands in his pockets. "Hey, we're coming with you" Sting called out throwing his duffel bag over his shoulder while Rogue called for their exceeds

"Why are you coming?" I said almost out of the guild doors. "Geez Natsu we already told you why" Sting replied, "dense idiot" I heard Gray muttered. Everyone could see sparks flying as Gray and I glared at each other.

Soon we arrived at my place. As we entered through the door "this is the first time I've ever been in your house Natsu" Sting said looking around the house. "Sting you're embarrassing yourself" Rogue said emotionlessly.