Chapter 25 - The Thunder Legion

"The Thunder Legion is back" Freed announced as they entered the guild doors. Everyone shouted 'welcome back' before going back to what they were doing. I turned back to my table to eat my food when I noticed Lucy wasn't next to Gajeel anymore. "Gajeel, where is Lucy?" I asked, "she was here a second ago" Gajeel replied not really caring one way or the other. Sting, Rogue, Gray, Levy and I started to look around when we heard Lucy's voice, "hi, who are you?", from the guild doors.

We turned to see her in front of Laxus and the Thunder Legion, my jaw dropped. "Who's the brat?" Laxus asked with his eyebrow raised. "That's not very nice" Lucy pouted with her arms crossed. "Hi, my name is Freed, this is Laxus, Bixlow and Evergreen" Freed introduced, kneeling in front of her as he pointed to each person. "It's very nice to meet all of you" Lucy greeted cheerfully. Everyone at my table just stared at the conversation. "Where are your parents, kid?" Bixlow asked and his 'babies' repeated the word 'kid' twice.

"My Papa is over there" Lucy said as she pointed towards me. I decided this was a good time to come over. As I walked over to them, "oi Natsu, did you and Lucy have a kid?" Bixlow asked with his tongue out. His 'babies' repeated 'did you?' twice.

"What's your name little girl?" Freed asked before I could answer. "My name is Lucy" Lucy replied smiling. The Thunder Legion froze hearing her name. "That can't be" Evergreen started saying, stopping herself. "Did I say something wrong?" Lucy said sadly, looking down at the floor. I replied "no you didn't" as I picked Lucy off the floor.

"What happened?" Freed asked, "I found her this way" I replied. "What are you talking about Papa?" Lucy asks, tilting her head to the side cutely. "Don't worry about it" I replied smiling, "do you want Mira's special dessert?" I asked. Lucy's face lit up, "yeah!" she says excitedly, almost jumping out of my arms. I say bye to the Thunder Legion and walk over to the bar with Lucy.

"Ready for your dessert Lucy?" Mira asked as I sit Lucy on one of the bar stools. I sit on the bar stool next to Lucy as she excitedly nods. Mira giggles taking out the dessert and placing it in front of Lucy. Lucy's dessert was a fresh Strawberry Parfait, strawberries surrounded by fresh whipped cream in a cute dessert glass. "Thank you Aunty Mira!" Lucy said excitedly before taking a bite of her dessert. "It's yummy!" Lucy said as her face lit up.

"Give me a taste" I said as I was about to get a taste of Lucy's dessert but suddenly I felt a chill in the air. I notice Mira had a scary glare on her face and threatening aura, "that's only for Lucy" she says with her Satan voice. "A-aye" I say trembling, backing off from Lucy's dessert and she went back to being 'sweet Mira'. "Good" she said as she smiled sweetly. 'Mira is as scary as Erza' I thought as I trembled. "Is the dessert good Lucy?" Gray asks as he walks over to us with Sting and Rogue. "Yep it's yummy!" Lucy replies with a big smile before taking another bite.

"Hey whose up for a drinking contest?!" Cana called out while holding her beer in the air. "I'm in" Gray said and I had a sudden urge to compete "I'm in! I'm so going to beat you, Ice Princess" I smirked. "Dream on Flame Brain" he smirked back as we walked to the table where Cana was sitting at.

"Got room for one more competitor?" Sting asked confidently, "no" Gray and I said in unison, in a deadpan voice. "Aw, come on you two. Let the poor sucker play!" Cana said snickering. "Hey! I can hold my liquor, bring it on!" Sting argued slamming his hand on the table as he sat next to me.

While I was having a drinking contest with Cana, Gray and Sting, Lucy finished her dessert. "I'm going to go play now, bye Big Brother Rogue" Lucy said waving to Rogue as she ran to another part of the guild. Rogue waved back before watching our drinking contest.

We drank glass after glass, Sting lost quickly and was now drunk-crying. "Why doesn't Lucy – hic - want to hang out – hic – with Big Brother Sting?!" he cried as Rogue patted his back. "There, there" Rogue said uninterested, like he's done this a million times before. Gray and I were neck and neck, almost about to hit the table while Cana was still going strong. "Come on boys, don't tell me that's all you can handle?" Cana mocked, chugging another glass. Then Gray and I blacked out.

Gray and I woke up an hour later with our heads feeling heavy. We both groaned as we lifted our head, "here you go Natsu and Gray" Mira said placing a glass of water in front of us. After we thanked Mira, we quickly drank the water feeling a lot better.

"Natsu and Gray, we need to discuss something. I sensed Hell's presence last night on the way to Gray's place" Rogue mentioned. "Was that why you were tense and looking around?" Gray asked, Rogue simply nodded in response. "Why didn't you tell us sooner?!" I exclaimed, "you were drinking" Rogue responded emotionlessly.

Before I could argue, Gramps came up to us "Natsu, Gray, Sting, Rogue, I need to speak to you four" he said. "What's up Gramps?" I asked, Gramps cleared his throat before speaking. "First off, Sting and Rogue you need to return to Sabertooth" he said, "why?" Sting asked. "As Sabertooth's Master you cannot be away from your guild for long periods of time, it's your responsibility" Gramps explained.

"We understand" Rogue answered, "but I don't wanna leave yet, I want to stay with Lucy" Sting complained. Rogue sighed as he grabbed Sting's collar and started dragging him out of the guild. "We'll be back after we sort some things out at Sabertooth" Rogue said and Gramps nodded. Sting called out "let me go!" over and over as they left the guild with their exceeds.

"Now onto the next thing I need to discuss" Gramps said, "you two need to take a job" he added. "Why Gramps?" I asked, "Lucy's rent is due soon and we're not sure how long she will stay like this" he explained. "As Lucy's guardians and friends, it is your responsibility" he said, "but who will take care of Lucy if we are both gone?" Gray asked. "I'm sure Lucy will be comfortable staying with Laxus while you're away" Gramps said turning towards the Thunder Legion's table. I looked at what he was looking at and saw Lucy SLEEPING ON LAXUS' LAP?!