Chapter 6 - Little Lucy's first job

We arrived at my place and walked through the door, "wake up Lucy we're home" I shook her lightly waking her up. She rubbed her eye looking around the room. I put her down on the floor and she ran to the hammock to get her dragon plush. Hugging her dragon plush, she then ran over to the bag Mira brought this morning. She pulled out a 100-piece jigsaw puzzle and then moved to the corner of the room, starting to solving it.

Gray had gone into the kitchen and started to cook dinner. "You can cook?!" I exclaimed, "yeah I live alone so I needed to know how to cook unlike you Flame Princess" he retorted. "What was that Ice Cube!" I shouted, "wanna go Flame Brain!" he argued back. We clashed foreheads yelling insults to each other, "take it outside guys" Happy interrupted as he just arrived from the guild.

Gray and I went outside, the sun was slowly setting, we exchanged punches and kicks without magic until we were both worn out. When we were done, Gray went back into the kitchen to cook, I sat on the couch talking to Happy, and Lucy was in a corner working on her jigsaw puzzle.

After about half an hour, Gray came out of the kitchen holding two bowls of pork cutlet bowls. Happy's and my mouth were watering from the smell as Gray placed the bowls on the small table on the floor. He then went back into the kitchen and brought out two more bowls.

As he places the two bowls on the table he called out to Lucy "Lucy it's dinner time, go wash your hands." "Ok Big Brother" she replied getting up from her puzzle and walking over to the bathroom. "Gray's like Lucy's mum and Natsu's her dad" Happy said laughing his heart out. Gray and I glared at him, "I would never be a couple with Popsicle Breath" I said "the feeling's mutual, Flame Brain" he replied.

Lucy then came into the room and sat down in her spot. We all sat around my table. Gray and I sat across from each other, Lucy sat on my left and Happy sat on my right facing each other. "Thank you for the food" we prayed before digging into our meal. Gray and Lucy were eating their pork cutlet bowls slowly while Happy and I chow down quickly, when we finished we asked for seconds. "You're lucky I know about your big appetite" he said rolling his eyes, "there's two more bowls in the kitchen" he continued. Happy and I rushed to get the bowls then came back to the table chowing down.

When we all finished our dinner, "Thanks for the food Big Brother" Lucy thanked Gray, "you're welcome Lucy" he replied. She walked away from the table and continued her jigsaw puzzle while Gray, Happy and I talked.

After talking for a while we heard Lucy happily shout "done!" We walked over to her looking at her complete jigsaw puzzle. The complete picture was a lake landscape, mountains in the distance, in the water mermaids swam around and flying in the sky was a multi coloured dragon. "Great job Lucy" I praised her patting her head.

It was getting late so we decided to go to bed. I picked up Lucy and laid her on my hammock tucking her in. She laid on her side hugging her dragon plush. I patting her head "goodnight Lucy" I said first then Gray and Happy said the same thing. "Goodnight Papa, goodnight Big Brother, goodnight Kitty" she said closing her eyes falling into a deep sleep.

I laid down on the couch with Happy on my stomach and Gray had gotten into his bed. "Goodnight" we all say before falling asleep.

Next morning, Gray, Happy and I woke up to loud knocking on the door. We got up and I went to the door passing Lucy sleeping in the hammock 'how can she sleep through that?!' I thought. I opened the door to see Erza, "is everyone ready?' she asked walking in.

Gray and I tensed as we forgot to pack and we haven't even had breakfast yet. She sighed saying "I'll wake Lucy up and change her outfit, if you two are not done pack by the time I'm done..." she had a deadly aura surrounding her. We didn't need her to finish her sentence, we bolted around the house packing clothes and other necessities.

As we ran around panicking, Erza gentle shook Lucy awake "morning Lucy, time to get ready" Erza said sweetly which creeped us out. Lucy greeted her with a smile "morning Aunty Erza." Erza then picked her up and took her into the bathroom changing her outfit.

Gray, Happy and I were exhausted as we collapse on the couch panting. A few seconds later, Erza came out of the bathroom holding Lucy. Lucy was wearing a yellow t-shirt saying 'Cutie' in pink text with pink shorts and white walking shoes. "Do you like the outfit I bought for you Lucy?" Erza asked her, "I love it Aunty Erza, thank you!" Lucy replied hugging Erza.

Erza then turned to us on the couch, "ready to go?" she said and we both nodded quickly. "Good, lets go we'll get food on the way to the station" she said walking out the door with Lucy and we followed.

We walked to Magnolia Station, eating taiyaki that we bought from a pasting vendor. Erza held Lucy's hand the whole way while her other hand was dragging her trailer of stuff. When we arrived at the station I started feeling sick thinking about the train.

Erza left to get the tickets taking Lucy with her. "Argh, why a train?" I complained to which Gray had to comment "it would take us three days to walk there, Flame Breath." "What was that Ice Princess!" I retorted, we then clashed throwing insults at each other. When we notice Erza and Lucy walking back over, we broke up our fight acting like nothing happened.

When we got on the train, Erza made me sit next to her, Gray, Lucy and Happy were sitting across from us. "Gray cover Lucy's eyes" Erza told him and as soon as he covered Lucy's eyes, "why does- argh!" I groaned as Erza suddenly punched me in the stomach knocking me out.