Chapter 30 - Mini Evergreen

Lucy's POV

I woke up to a strong chest, I looked up and saw it was Laxus, still asleep peacefully. I rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes, deciding to get out of bed and explore. I left Laxus' room and went to the kitchen where I saw Freed cooking pancakes. "Good morning Uncle Frweed" I yawned, Freed turned "good morning Lucy" he greeted with a kind smile.

"Is Laxus still asleep?" Freed asked as he flipped the pancake on the pan. "Yeah" I answered, "he's always been a deep sleeper. How many pancakes do you want?" he asked. "Two please" I replied taking a seat at the dining table. He placed a plate of pancakes in front of me with fresh strawberries and whip cream. "Oo it looks yummy!" I said happily digging in.

Suddenly I saw a strange lady walk into the kitchen without any makeup and her hair was a mess. "AH! Scary lady! Scary lady!" I screamed, "now that's just rude" the lady said. Freed chuckled, "good morning Evergreen" he greeted. "Morning Freed" Evergreen replied as she got a glass of orange juice.

"Did Evergreen scare Lucy yet" Bixlow said, popping his head through the door. "Oh be quiet" Evergreen countered tiredly. "Never been a morning person have you" Bixlow said as he enters the room which he earned a glare from her.

I was eating my pancakes while this was all going down. When I was finished, "Lucy do you mind waking up Laxus for me, please?" Freed asked. "Ok Uncle Frweed" I saluted, as I was walking out of the room I heard "AW!" from Evergreen. "She's awake" Bixlow commented. I heard a faint argument arise, getting softer as I walked towards Laxus' room.

When I entered Laxus' room where he was snoring loudly. 'How did I sleep through that?!' I thought covering my ears. I remembered that Papa snores loudly too.

I knew I couldn't climb the bed again, suddenly I had a light bulb moment. 'Reminds me of Big Brother Sting' I thought. I had an evil grin on my face. I quickly ran back into the kitchen and asked Bixlow to help me. Before we entered Laxus' room I explained my plan to Bixlow and he was happy to help.

We creeped quietly around to the side of the bed that Laxus was on. I nodded to Bixlow, signalling to start the plan. Laxus was laying on his back which was perfect for my plan. Bixlow picked me up and held me above Laxus then dropped me on him. "Oomph!" Laxus exclaimed, sitting up immediately. Bixlow and I laughed, "good morning Big Brother Laxus" I giggled.

"Oh it's you" Laxus sighed at me on his lap, Bixlow quickly left the room fearing Laxus' wrath. I could hear him laugh all the way to the kitchen. As revenge, Laxus tickled my poor sides, I was laughing my head off. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I pleaded but he would continue to tickle me. "Don't tell the others about this" he told me as he stopped tickling me. "I promise Big Brother Laxus" I replied, catching my breath.

Soon Laxus and I walked into the kitchen. Suddenly Evergreen picked me up, "I've got a cute dress for you to try on" she said. Surprisingly she looked normal now. She took me into her room and I changed into the new outfit she gave me. It was a light green dress with flowers decorating the skirt. A white ribbon wrapped around my waist, tied as a bow at the back. She brushed my hair and placed a colourful flower crown on my head.

Evergreen carried me to the loungeroom where all the boys where hanging out. "OH NO LUCY'S BEEN TURNED INTO A MINI EVERGREEN!" Bixlow said dramatically. "That is extremely rude! She looks adorable in this outfit!" Evergreen exclaimed as she put me down. She went to argue with Bixlow.

I went over to where Freed and Laxus were sitting on the couch. I was able to lift myself onto the couch with a bit of effort. Once I was on the couch, I sat on Laxus' lap and he didn't complain. "Once Evergreen and Bixlow's argument is done we can go to the guild" Freed said to me.

Eventually we left Laxus' house and walked to the guild. I held Laxus' hand the whole way there while the Thunder Legion was having a lively conversation as usual. As we entered the guild, I heard Mira squeal at the sight of our held hands. Laxus quickly let go of my hand, I knew he was embarrassed.

I spotted Asuka with her parents Bisca and Alzack. I ran over to where she was "hi Asuka!" I greeted. "Hi Lucy! Mommy, Daddy can I play with Lucy?" she asked. "Sure darlin" Bisca said, "just stay in the guild hall" Alzack added. "Sure! Lets play Lucy!" Asuka said, "yeah!" I cheerfully replied.

I played with Asuka for the whole day. When she had to go home I went over to the Thunder Legion's table. "Done playing for the day Lucy?" Freed asked, "yeah!" I said happily. We stayed in the guild a little longer, I sat on Laxus' lap while they talked.

I became tired from playing all day and let out a big yawn. Wordlessly, Laxus wrapped his arm around me and let me use his jacket as a blanket again. "Thank you, Big Brother Laxus," I muttered before having my nap.

When I woke up from my nap I noticed we weren't in the guild anymore. I was laying my head on Laxus' shoulder as he carried me to his house. Evergreen and Bixlow were arguing about something again. Freed was reading a book while walking, 'how can he do that?' I wondered. Laxus just stayed quiet for the whole time, ignoring them.

"Did you have a good sleep Lucy?" Freed said, looking up from his book. I nodded my head as I hugged Laxus' neck. As we were walking, I remembered that I get to see Papa and Big Brother tomorrow. I miss both of them a lot. I can't wait to see them.