Chapter 37 - Returning to Fairy Tail

Once we arrived in Magnolia I was relieved that the trip was over. The others teased me as we walked towards the train station then I had to go through motion sickness torture again.

During the train ride, Lucy woke up from her nap and watched the scenery through the window beside me. When we arrived at Magnolia Station, Lucy pulled me by the hand out of the train. Once my motion sickness subsided, I walked while carrying Lucy in my arms towards Fairy Tail.

Lucy was jumping with excitement in my arms when she saw the Fairy Tail sign. I chuckled as I had to hold onto her tighter so she didn't fall out of my arms. When we walked up to the front door and kicked it open, "we're back with Lucy!" I cheered.

Everyone turned and cheered, running up to crowd around us. "Lets party!" Cana cheered before chugging down her barrel of beer. Fairy Tail partied till late in the night. Some were passed out on the floor while most were still going strong. I was sitting with Lucy on my lap when I saw her let out a huge yawn, "someone's tired" I muttered. "Ready for bed Lucy?" I asked and she nodded as she rubbed her tired eyes.

I was almost out of the guild with Lucy when Gray spoke up "leaving already?" "Yeah, Lucy's tired" I replied while Lucy yawns, proving my point. She rests her head on my shoulder and nuzzles her face into my scarf while hugging my neck. I stroke her back gently thinking she was adorable.

"I'll come with you" Gray said, "why?" I asked with a glare. "My stuff is still at your place ya moron" he replied, returning the glare. "Whatcha called me Popsicle Princess!" I argued, "shut up Dragon Boy, you'll wake Lucy up" he retorted. I growled that I couldn't argue with him but annoyingly he had a point.

We walked towards my place in silence with Lucy sleeping peacefully in my arms. As soon as we arrived I carefully placed Lucy on my hammock. I placed her plush dragon beside her where her arms wrapped around it and snuggle it to her chest. I stroke her hair before going to the couch to sleep. Gray laid down on his bed snoring away already.

The next morning, I stirred as I felt someone shaking my arm. As I opened my eyes I first saw Happy laying on my stomach. I then turned to see who was shaking my arm and saw it was Lucy as she was holding her plush dragon.

"Good morning Papa!" she said cheerfully, "good morning Lucy" I said with a grin on my face. "Hiya Natsu" a voice said, "hiya Sting...when did you and Rogue get here!" I shouted stunned as I jumped up into a sitting position. Happy slid down onto my lap still asleep. I didn't notice them in my house, I expected that from Rogue but not Sting.

"We came in last night with Happy while you three were sleeping" Sting explained. "That's creepy" I muttered, "we weren't being creepy!" Sting retorted. "Sting" Rogue interrupted before we continued our argument. "Right, we came to say we are going back to Sabertooth" Sting said. "Good riddance" I said as I moved Happy to the couch space beside me and pulled Lucy onto my lap in a hug.

"You don't have to be rude!" Sting retorted ready to get into a fist fight with me but Rogue held him back. "We wanted to say goodbye to Lucy before we left" Rogue stated. Suddenly Lucy escaped my arms and slid off my lap, running towards Sting and Rogue.

"Bye bye Big Brother Rogue, I'll miss you" Lucy said as she hugged Rogue's legs. Rogue kneeled down to give Lucy a proper hug, "I'll miss you too Lucy" he said. They released their hug and Lucy ran to Sting, who was already kneeling. "Bye bye Big Brother Sting, I'll miss you too" she said as she hugged Sting. "I'll miss you and maybe I'll come visit you sometimes" he said. Lucy nodded and ran back to me.

I lifted her onto my lap again, "see you later Sting and Rogue" I said as they walked towards the door. "See you Natsu" Sting said while Rogue waved as they walked out the door.

Now the house was quiet without those two around. I looked around the house and saw Gray and Happy still snoring away. I was surprised they didn't wake up from our conversation. Suddenly I had an idea, a brilliant idea. "Lucy, want to help Papa with a prank?" I asked with a snicker. I couldn't wait to put my plan into action. "I wanna help Papa!" she replied excitedly.

I took Lucy off my lap and when around the house looking for two paintbrushes and a jar of ink. When I found them, Lucy and I sneaked towards a vulnerable Gray. What makes this even easier for us is that he was already stripped down into his boxers. I snickered as I started drawing all over his body and Lucy happily joined in.

When we finished our masterpiece, we stood back and admired our work. Gray's eyes looked like a racoon. We also drew on his face a moustache, fake scars and the word idiot written across his forehead. His torso was totally done by me, he had a weird Happy drawing.

I chuckled while Lucy giggled, "lets hide our paintbrushes and ink and pretend to be asleep" I suggested. She gave me a big grin and then ran towards the couch. I quickly hid the paintbrushes and ink. I quickly moved Happy to the hammock before laying down on the couch with Lucy on my chest.

It wasn't long until Gray stirred from his sleep. Lucy and I pretended to be asleep as we listened to his reaction. We heard him grunt, signalling he was fully awake. There was silence for a good solid minute before we heard "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME!" Lucy and I couldn't help but try to contain our laughter. Unfortunately, he heard us "Natsu, Lucy, I know you did this to me" he said, sounding very unhappy. Lucy and I couldn't hold in our laughter anymore and laughed until we were in tears.

Gray grabbed me by my scarf and lifted my face towards him. "This was your idea wasn't it, Pyro" he said threatening which just made me snicker. Proving that I was the culprit, Gray and I went into a fist fight. Lucy talked to Happy, who was now awake, about our prank.