Chapter 22 - Get back here Pyro!

Sting and Gray dragged me through the streets of Magnolia, every citizen staring at the three of us. Eventually I stopped struggling and let them drag me with my arms crossed. "Where are you taking me?" I questioned grumpily, "outside Magnolia" Sting replied. "Why?" I asked, "so we can beat you and you won't damage any buildings, putting the guild in more debt" Gray answered. "Some of that debt is yours too Popsicle!" I argued.

Suddenly I got an idea, I slipped out of my vest, freeing myself from Sting and Gray. They both turned their heads noticing the weight lighten as I was running away, laughing. "Get back here Pinky!" Gray shouted running after me followed by Sting.

I ran all the way back to the guild and managed to lose Gray and Sting at some point along the way. As I entered the guild, I saw Lucy sitting on Rogue's lap reading a story book out loud to him. "The dragon attacked the evil duke, trying to save the princess from her tower prison" Lucy read out loud.

Walking over to where they sat, I was furious at the scene I was seeing. "Rogue" I said menacingly, I still need to get him back for that stunt he pulled earlier. Rogue didn't even flinch at my tone of voice as he looked up at me. "Hi Papa!" Lucy said smiling, I immediately smiled back like nothing happened. "Big Brother Rogue and I were reading a story together see!" Lucy said excitedly holding up the book she was reading.

"The princess befriends a dragon?" I said reading the title of the book as I picked her up from Rogue's lap. "The princess grew up in a castle with no friends. She escaped the castle and found a dragon. The dragon had no friends and they grew to become friends. Then an evil duke kidnapped the princess and the dragon went to save the princess. That's as far as we got" Lucy explained.

"Sounds interesting" I said walking towards the bar with Lucy while also giving a quick glare towards Rogue. Before I could get to the bar, the guild doors slammed opened revealing Sting and Gray. "NATSU!" they both shouted looking around until they spotted me. "Oh no" I exclaimed holding Lucy tighter to my chest making her drop her book as I run out the back of the guild with her.

By the time I ran outside, I heard Gray shout "GET BACK HERE PYRO!" hot on my tail with Sting and Rogue. I was chased almost all over Magnolia with Lucy laughing the entire time. Soon I lost them and ended up at my house. When I walked through the door I noticed Lucy fast asleep. I smiled 'she's so cute' I thought as I walked over to my hammock and laid her down.

I tucked her in and placed her plush dragon beside her before the door slammed opened. Lucy stirred in her sleep as I quickly turned in a fighting stance towards the door until I notice it was only Gray. Before I could escape he grabbed my collar and dragged me outside, where Sting and Rogue were.

"I'll look after Lucy" Rogue stated walking into my house. Before I could run after Rogue "too chicken to fight us Flame Breath?" Gray said smirking. I felt something snap inside me. "What was that Popsicle Princess!" I shouted igniting my fist, Sting gave Gray a fist bump before both of them charged at me.

The fight took over an hour and I was winning but our fight was interrupted by someone hitting me on the head. "Ow who the hell did that" I said turning around to see Rogue with his arms crossed. "Are you three idiots finished?" Rogue asked emotionlessly, we nodded. "Good because dinner is ready" he said turning and walking back inside.

"Great I'm starving!" I said happily before running inside. Lucy was awake waiting patiently at the table and I noticed Happy sitting on the couch eating a fish with Lector and Frosch. "Hey Happy" I greeted but he just turned his head away from me. "What's wrong little buddy?" I asked concerned with his sudden attitude. "You forgot about me today because you were too busy with Sting and Gray! That's cruel Natsu" Happy replied pouting. "Sorry little buddy" I said sincerely, "I can't stay mad at you" he said flying beside me.

I walked over to the table, noticing Gray, Sting and Rogue sitting at the table with Lucy. Since my table is small there was no room for me to sit "where do I sit?" I asked. "That corner is available" Sting joked pointing to one of the corners in my house. I suddenly got a brilliant idea, I picked up Lucy and sat her on my lap, Lucy giggled. "There" I stated and saw Sting pouting. I chuckled before digging into the food which was teriyaki chicken with vegetables.

As usual I didn't eat the vegetables only the meat. Gray tried feeding Lucy some vegetables but Lucy shook her head, "Natsu eat some vegetables" Gray said. "Why should I?" I asked annoyed, "because Lucy is copying you and she should eat her vegetables" he replied. "What's so great about vegetables? Meat is the best!" I said taking a big bite of the teriyaki chicken. "Vegetables have vitamins and it's good for everyone" Gray replied getting more annoyed by the second.

"I say let her eat what she wants" I replied eating more food. "That's it! Rogue take Lucy!" Gray exclaimed standing up from the table. Rogue immediately removed Lucy from my lap and moved to the other side of the room. "What was that for?!" I say just before Gray chants "Ice Make: Block" trapping me in a block of ice.

I easily melted the ice with my body heat but that was still cold. "What the hell man!" I exclaimed igniting my fist. "I don't understand why Lucy looks up to you!" Gray argued. I noticed near the front door, Rogue was soothing a scared Lucy while Sting was trying to cheer her up by making silly faces.

I realised our fight was scaring Lucy, she doesn't like seeing her Papa and Big Brother fight. I extinguished my flame and looked down "we're scaring Lucy" I muttered. Gray cooled off and walked over to her, taking her from Rogue. "She'll be staying with me for a while" he stated while holding her.

"What?! You can't!" I exclaimed, before I could take Lucy away from him he punched me hard in the stomach. "Natsu!" I heard Happy exclaimed as my consciousness faded into darkness.