Chapter 23 - Crepes

Lucy's POV

When Papa and Big Brother started fighting I was upset. I don't like seeing Big Brother and Papa fighting. Big Brother Rogue noticed I was upset and whispered "don't worry they'll be fine" as he patted my head. Big Brother Sting joined us, "what's wrong Lucy?" he asked, curiously. Rogue quickly pointed at Papa and Big Brother with his eyes and Sting understood.

"Lucy look here" Sting said and I looked at him. He made a funny face but I didn't laugh then he made more funny faces. I couldn't stay sad for long and started laughing. Suddenly Big Brother came over to us and took me off Rogue.

"She'll be staying with me for a while" he said while holding me. "What! You can't!" Papa exclaimed, before he could take me away from Big Brother he was punched hard in the stomach. "Natsu!" Kitty exclaimed as Papa fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Big Brother, why did you do that to Papa?" I asked with tears forming in my eyes. "Papa needed a nap" he told me as we walked out the door, "ok" I replied worryingly, looking over his shoulder at Papa lying on the ground. I saw Kitty shaking Papa trying to wake him up.

"Should have seen this coming" Lector said walking beside Big Brother with Sting, Rogue and Froggy following. "Was that really necessary?" Sting asked as we walked to Big Brother's place. "He was driving me crazy and he's a bad influence on Lucy" Big Brother said grumpily.

We walked in silence as night came, until Big Brother spotted a crepe cart. "Want a crepe Lucy?" he asked and I nodded frantically. "We weren't able to eat dessert, were we?" Sting said to no one in particular. Walking up to the cart, "what flavour do you want Lucy?" Big Brother asked me, "strawberry!" I said happily with my arms in the air. "One watermelon and one strawberry, please. Do you want anything?" Big Brother asked the group. "Banana for me and blueberry for Lector" Sting replied. "Chocolate for me and raspberry for Frosch" Rogue replied then I noticed he was looking around at our surroundings with a tense expression.

"What's wrong Big Brother Rogue?" I asked curiously, everyone turned their attention to Rogue. He turned to look at me "nothing's wrong" he said, his face turning emotionless once again. "Here you go" the man running the cart said handing our crepes, taking my mind away from Rogue's earlier expression.

I took a bite of my strawberry crepe and sweet strawberry juices exploded in my mouth. "Yummy!" I said happily with a big smile on my face. The man running the cart smiled at my reaction "that's good to hear" he said. Big Brother paid for our crepes except mine because the man said my happy expression was payment enough. "Say thank you to the nice man Lucy" Big Brother said and I said "thank you!" with a big smile as we walked away from the cart.

We finished our crepes by the time we arrived at Big Brother's place. As we walked through the door, I saw his house was super clean compared to Papa's. All his walls were painted white, a black leather couch was sitting in the middle of the room in front of a glass coffee table with a woollen rug underneath. A dining table sat at the far side of the room.

"I have two guest bedrooms. Sting and Lector can take the last room on the left. Rogue and Frosch can take the second room on the right. My room's the first one on the right" Big Brother said. "Big Brother where do I sleep?" I asked before letting out a big yawn. "You'll be sharing a room with me" he said, "why does she get to be in your room?!" Sting argued. "One, this is my house and two, you're already sharing a room with Lector" Big Brother retorted, "she should be with me and Lector!" Sting said. Big Brother raised an eyebrow, "and why's that?" he asked, "because we are both blonde" Sting answered.

I looked over at Rogue from over Big Brother's shoulder and saw him facepalm. I turned back to see Big Brother making a 'are you stupid?' expression. "Goodnight Lucy" Rogue said as he passed me and Big Brother. Grabbing Sting by his collar and dragging him down the hall to his room followed by Lector and Froggy.

I let out another big yawn and rested my head on Big Brother's shoulder, "time for bed" he said. He walked towards his room with me in his arms. Before he opened his bedroom door, Rogue came out of Sting's room walking towards his own. He saw me and Big Brother, "I'm sorry for that idiot's behaviour" Rogue apologised. "I heard that!" Sting's muffled voice came from his room. Big Brother and Rogue rolled their eyes. They both said goodnight before going to their respected rooms.

Big Brother's room was painted an icy blue and had a double bed against the far wall. He walked over to the bed and laid me down before getting in the bed beside me. After tucking me in, he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and started patting my head. "Big Brother?" I say sleepily, "yes Lucy?" he replies. "Do you hate Papa?" I ask snuggling more into my pillow. "No, he just annoys me, that's all" he replies looking away.

"I'm glad" I say sleepily before closing my eyes. "Goodnight Big Brother" I say yawning, "goodnight Lucy" Big Brother says while continuing to pat my head and I fell into a deep sleep.