Subjugation

You

You had been on Midgard for several years, climbing your way to the top of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance ladder till you've reached Assistant Director.

You brought yourself to Midgard, many years ago, to be free from your family title, and a chance to prove you could make it to the top, without it being your birth right.

To all you knew you were Assistant Director (Y/N) (Y/L/N) of S.H.I.E.L.D.

But years ago, you went by a different title.

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) of Vanaheim, Daughter of Njord of the Vanir, Goddess of Wisdom and Divination.

Along with the title came great responsibility and expectations, and you, a mere child, were not ready.

*memory*

You gathered your things, packing your back for your journey, this was it, you were leaving. Your father, god of the sea and winds,had finally drove you mad.

"You must Marry, and Rule beside you're King on the Throne of Vanaheim!" He yelled as a hush of wind blew past you.

"I do not wish to marry! I do not wish the throne!"

"It is your birthright!"

"I don't want it! For once in your extensive life would you get your ass off your all mighty throne and listen to me as equals father!?" You yelled back.

He frowned deeply at you.

"If you do not wish, I will arrange for you." He denied you entirely, and you were through. "You haughty, dispassionate, valueless Oaf!" You screamed at him and rushed off quickly.

You wouldn't stand for it. You were leaving.

*end*

You went to Midgard, and found yourself a place. You joined S.H.I.E.L.D. To prove not just to your father but to yourself, that you did not need a birthright to be great. And you did just that.

You clawed your way to the top swiftly and effortlessly, assuring Assistant Director and becoming one of the most feared agents in S.H.I.E.L.D. history, and now, you were done.

You had grown bored of everyone listening to you. You were meant to be on top. You craved to be ruled.

You craved to have someone stand above you, to let you know that you are not in control, and you never were.

Having power made you weary, you didn't need to rule, you needed to be ruled.

You craved Subjugation, and leapt at the chance.