Home?

You stepped onto a patch of grass, your feet sinking into the soft green blanket. You closed you eyes and took a deep breath.

Your senses filled with the smell of damp stone and the many flowers, you heard the distance dripping of the springs off the cliff walls, and the undeniable sound of children laughing.

You smiled. This was your home. You opened your eyes and looked across the huge vibrant green field, stone paths and bridges against the usual small creek that ran right down the middle.

The entire field outlined with tall trees with many branches blanketed in vines blossoming with bright pink and purple flowers.

The entire field walked with tall cliffs. In the far distance, on the tallest hill, the sun just peaking over the highest tower, was the castle.

Your smile faded. That was not your home. You sighed. "Welp." You said as all the villagers gazed upon you.

"Please take these chains off I'll scare the children." You said sarcastically but Marvelo did.

You walked with them proudly. Whispers of the princess returning surrounding you as you started up the long path to the castle.

-

The tap of your shoes on the stone steps to the throne room brought back horrible memories along with good ones.

You loved Vanaheim, everything about it, except your dad.

Your dad ruined everything.

You saw a small dent in the step and paused laughing, Alano and Marvelo followed your gaze and also began to laugh.

*

You were just 8, Alano and Marvelo were playing tag with you in summer. You were laughing and started up these exact steps.

Half way up you looked back to see them, and tripped, hitting head first onto the step creating the dent with your own head.

"Ow!" You yelled and held the spot. "Oh god are you okay!?" Alano said bending down to you. You burst out laughing and they did as well.

You had a slightly cut on the spot. "Come on let's get you patched up." Marvelo laughed and they carried you up the stairs, one leg across Alanos shoulder, one across Marvelos.

You entered the throne room and started to the infirmary for a band aid. "(Y/N)." Your fathers voice boomed.

You quickly jumped down off their shoulder and straightened your skirt, kneeling. "My king." You growled. You hated calling him the king. Why couldn't he just be dad?

"What happened to you my princess?" He asked and you stood. You rubbed the spot. "I fell." You Smiled.

He wasn't amused. "Fix it. Now. We can't have you scarred up and the face of the crown." He growled and walked off.

"Daddy I'm only a kid-" "King." He corrected and slammed the door.

You poured and put your arms by your sides arching them like you had bulging muscles and deepened your voice.

"My name is king, I don't know who this Njord is." You mimicked and both Alano and Marvelo laughed with you.

*

You sighed and looked to them. If anything, these two men were your dads.

You all paused for a moment.

"He's going to be really pissed at me isn't he?" You asked. Both shrugged a bit sharing a look.

"Pretty pissed." They said and you slightly chuckled clapping your hands together.

"Well, it may be my last time outside for a while," You said raising an eyebrow to them and they gave you a questioning but mischievous look.

"Race you!" You bantered bolting up the stairs them not to far behind you.

You reached the top and jumped up with your hands up in the air,facing the stairs and your back to the throne. "I win!"

"(Y/N)!" Your fathers voice boomed. Yo slowly lowered your arms and hesitated to turn. Reluctantly, you turned slowly looking at the ground, the marble reflecting the painted ceiling of the room. You looked up to the throne, your hart dropping just at the sight of him.

"Hello Njord."